Airedrifter

Question

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Just for the sake of argument.... I wouldn't go and buy an SLE Leading edge for a B .... having said that I already own one so must admit that if its well above 4 wrap weather I do use it ... why? its easier to insert then two ... less rods to lose or damage and to me these are really survival conditions so I'm more concerned with not breaking anything then the last degree of precision.... I kind of feel in those conditions the sail is being used outside its range anyway so i will probably not fly for long and its a nice solid setup that's not going to let me down ..... I'm tempted to say the sail shape is better with the SLE then the 2 rods setup but haven't done a side by side test for a while so will avoid the flaming by not saying that!

I feel a bit like I'm admitting having a James Blunt album on my iPod but "My name is Peter Jones and I occasionally use an SLE" ... actually that feels kind of liberating you should try it ;)

Oh and buy a 'B' ... no brainer!

I'm struggling with the same question, only a b verses a I. I am a complete new-be to quads (though not too bad with duel line kites) so I want something to learn on. The money is not the object so much as my sorely limited flying time. Given that, would you still go with the b over a I for a learner?

Hi folks.

Bit late into the debate, but what the hey!.

Personally i would`nt have been without the SLE to start with as it took so much punishment in those first few hours. I did upgrade to a 3 wrap frame at Christmas once i felt confident enough not to try and plough the field or attempt to reach Oz with it and it made a big difference to my flying.

I also made a choice to go with a standard sail to begin. Reason being (in my mind) was that if i could begin to master the hover etc with the full sail in our lumpy inland winds then the step up to a vented should be that much easier and i would have a "possibly" trickier skill set (full sail) under my belt. This is probably a total bunch of arse as a theory but in my odd mind it made sense.

Having flown a vented this weekend for the first time i kinda stunned myself with how well i was flying!! SO... portsmouth here i come and a vented will be joining the kite bag ASAP. This time i will invest in a B series i think for the multiple frames. Lets just hope my colour choice is available as it seems to never be in stock :angry:

See you all there (I was the wierdy beardy lurker in the long waxed jacket @ dunstabubble)

Edited by Merrik