Revs Military Family

stevepigeon

Hello there everyone! I know it's been a while since I posted anything but you don't really get that much time off over here. I been going out on patrols everyday, there actually pretty boring because im out there at night and no one is aloud to be out past 10pm. The plus part about working nights is that you never have to deal with the heat. Last night I was out there it is was pretty cold. Overall I am doing really good out here. Things are pretty calm. Hope all is well for everyone back there. Thanks for all the posts.

Hey Louie, it is nice hear from you and it is boring. I hope stays that way until you get back.

You might try making some kites to play around with in your spare time. Use whatever materials you can find lying about. You can use newspaper for the sail, maybe soda straws for the spars and string from where ever. Get the rest of the guys interested and maybe hold some kind of contests e.g. the ugliest kite, highest flying or what ever.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lou,

Quietly, patroling in IRAQ, sounds like an oxymoron, I hope you and your commrades stay safe and sound, Thinking about what you have to do so we can fly Rev's, what a price to pay, Thanks bro, I will flying QUAD team at Liberty State Park, over looking the Manhattan skyline on Sat the 17th so I'll say a prayer for all who defends our great countries freedom!

Thanks bro,

A slow....low.... team slide..hover for the MAN. ;) Be safe, godspeed!

Hi Louie,

I think as members of this kite family of ours we should all pull together and make sure one of our bravest is welcomed with open arms to the Wood when you get home, One festival to go to for sure and coming home from IRAQ, ( these small privelege's we enjoy as direct result of your work) when the time comes I will do my part to show you around the Wood, stay safe until then, we'll be thinking about you as we enjoy our freedom on this Memorial Day holiday! Godspeed!! ;)

Guys,please excuse my ignorance,but what is Memorial Day.Being in the uk .We dont seem to mark the day .Please dont take any offence as none is intended.I myself have family/freinds that are away or have been.Just never celebrated or marked memorial day :unsure:.

Its probably known as something else here,,,

BRIAN... stay safe all.

Guys,please excuse my ignorance,but what is Memorial Day.Being in the uk .We dont seem to mark the day .Please dont take any offence as none is intended.I myself have family/freinds that are away or have been.Just never celebrated or marked memorial day :unsure:.

Its probably known as something else here,,,

BRIAN... stay safe all.

A little about this Holiday can be found here:

Memorial day

Hi Lou, Thoughts of you were very prevelant this past weekend in Wildwood.....Mom and I had shirts with your picture on them and dozens of people stopped us to tell us to thank you and that you were in their prayers, not only kite people but strangers on the boardwalk. You are in all our prayers for a safe return. One BIG festival coming up when that time comes. Know you are loved, Pat

Lou is doing well.

Here is his address if you would like to drop him a card, letter....

The only thing he needs is Gillette Fusion shaving blades. They are hard to come by out there.

If there is anything else he is in need of I will post it here.

Here is the address

Cpl. Tiberio, Louis R.

2D LAAD BN DET A

UNIT 78087

FPO AE 09509-8087

You need to fill out a customs form when sending things other than letters.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lou...

I just want to thank you and all of your brothers and sisters out there protecting our freedom, our way of life. Just know that it does not go unnoticed. Though the media gives things a bad rap, your every day fellow citizens know the sacrifice and never, ever forget what you all do. You are all appreciated more than words can say.

I'll be writing you, if any of your buddies need someone to talk to or write to, e-mail me their address and I'll be happy to chat with them, too.

Thank you and God bless you, all!

Hey Lou,never met you,but everytime i put my Boonie on early mornings,at the beech.You guys pop into my thoughts.

Not Long To Go Now.

Take it easy.

BRIAN...ps,the Rasor Blades mentioned cost a fortune in the uk.What about a beard :lol: .

I recently had the priviledge of photographing a Marine coming home to see his son for the first time.

Here's the story:

http://www.fongphotography.com/blog/?p=60

Here's the link to the photos:

http://www.fongphotography.com/photos/bullhomecoming

What a great experience!

-Darin

Thank you Darin for sharing your story. It was beautiful.... I long for that day when my son returns..

I recently had the priviledge of photographing a Marine coming home to see his son for the first time.

Here's the story:

http://www.fongphotography.com/blog/?p=60

Here's the link to the photos:

http://www.fongphotography.com/photos/bullhomecoming

What a great experience!

-Darin

Darin, thank you for the awesome experience of feeling we were right there! Beautiful pictures, you captured it ALL!Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent out a package to Lou..

I wanted to thank those that contributed to making it a full box.

Lou will be recieving some razors, clock with batteries, guitar strings and winder, music books, the latest AKA Kiting issue, air cans to clean his lap top and a wind sock with over 100 well wishes from people all over the country.

The wind sock hung in the store for a few weeks and then was taken to a couple of local business in the area. It was amazing! There was not one inch of space empty. I will post a picture as soon as Lou sends one.

Thanks to the many that chipped in!!

Sherri

• 2 weeks later...

New Pictures and a message from Lou's commander

Ma’am,

Hello from Iraq. I am sending along a few photos of Louis for you; also you will see shortly a couple on the website J I wanted to let you know that we received and have on display the windsock that was sent along. It is outside of our Coffee Shop for all to see, we are grateful for it being sent along and so cool with all the signatures. Louis is doing an awesome job here and time continues to fly. I know that you are very proud of him and have every right to be; he is an outstanding, courteous and professional young man and we are very fortunate and blessed to have him with us. We will continue to take good care of him and get him home safe to you; he also looks very well after the rest of his brothers here. Please take care and I hope that you enjoy the photos; I have to send them in a few emails, as the size is too large.

With Respect, Todd

Semper Fidelis,

Todd M. Parisi

Sergeant Major

2D LAAD Battalion, 1st MLG

“TEAM GUARDIAN”

Al Taqaddum, Iraq.

post-287-1215535770_thumb.jpg

post-287-1215535796_thumb.jpg

Dear Lou it's been a few since last we spoke and as you can see you are in my mind and prayers as are all the heros

over there.....Things are well my brother and I'm trying to think of what I can do for you when you get home and the

only thing that really matters is I'd like to shake your hand and say thank you for all you do each and every day....

I keep seeing in my minds eye a carving I saw on a wall in our nations capital, " Freedom Is Not Free", how true, you

are all heros to me and you are paying for my right to be free and for this I can never thank you enough...... When

we come together as we will I'd be honored to be able to just stand next to you and fly and I'm sure that if we look

we will find many more of this Family who would be honored to be on that line also, so my brother keep that in mind

till we get together..... So till next time take care and know you are in my thoughts and prayers....Ben :blue-cool:

Hello everyone. Things are going pretty smooth out here, just trucking along I guess. Only have a couple of months left out here. Next month the early party from the replacing unit is coming out here to get everything set up and the first week of September the rest of there unit comes which means no more work for this guy, lol. Soon I will get to come home. In October I will be in Rhode Island so anyone from that are that wants to go flying in Newport give me a heads up and we can make plans. Thank you all very much for the support!!!!