STOLEN KITES

mousieo

This is terrible!

I really feel sorry for you and I will pass the information around the world to all the kiters I know.

Was the REV with eyes among the stolen kites?

The following forums already have your stolen kite message:

Kitelife - http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1782

GWTW - http://www.gwtw-kites.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34742

AKA - http://www.aka.kite.org/

I have added the following:

Europe - STACK Forum - http://stack.aerialis.no/web/modules/news/....php?storyid=61

England - FracturedAxel - http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopi...p?p=78165#78165

Germany - Drachen Forum - http://www.drachenforum.net/forum/showthread.php?id=35776

Italy - STACK Italia - http://www.stackitalia.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=802

France - Bilboquet Kites - http://www.bilboquet-kites.com/forums/show...0#post637707500

Spain - foro.cometas.info - http://foro.cometas.info/index.php?topic=1...26716#msg126716

Let us see what we can do with the rest of the world.

John

This is one of my worst fears. I am soooooo sorry to hear this Amy. I hope they turn up for you somewhere. I will mention it to our kite group out here and have them keep an eye out for them. If they try to peddle them anywhere in cyber space they will be found. There are some really rotten people in the world, I hope they get whats coming to them.

Please keep us updated on your story.

This is bad very bad but lets do some damage contol, Amy what do you need for nationals so you can do what you do? No money no problem I need you flying at nationals plain and simple......What my idea is I'll demo the kites and stuff you need and then you can work out of by bag so at least you can fly and from there we'll figure it out.........

Ben

• Like 1

Amy,

I'm soo sorry! We are going to OC Maryland for Sunfest this weekend.

I'll print out our list with photos and pass it out to to the flyiers.

If you need any help let us know! I'm sooo sorry!!

If anyone is going to a festival or club meeting take the list and

show everyone! It would be cool if we could get the kites back!!!

Big Hug!!

What In The World Is Going On! This is horrible this is... what is happening when people steal kites, It's like suddenly they seem to be noticed for their value, when they never have as of recent times. The sad thing about this issue is that this person would almost have to know mousieo to be able to figure out the general value of those kites...I will keep an eye out also.

oh god this is awful.

If it was opportunist theives then the nice good looking bag probably attracted there attention, making them think there was something worth stealing in it. The good side of this, is when they realise they are kites and they dont know how to get rid of them, they may turn up dumped somewhere.

Daft question probably, but have you checked the hedges and such like in local parks and whatnot? A friend of mine had some very expensive skates taken from her car cos the bag attracted the scumbags, she found them dumped in the nearest park, undamaged luckily. Presumably the custom made skates were of no real interest to the theives.

Also, Maybe publishing a list of the kites you had in the bag and photos if possible may help. I, among many other folk, keep a keen eye on fleabay for revs, so might spot it if it they end up listed there. A pal of mine had good results when he circulated pics of his stolen car across his internet pals, the knock on of people passing them on throughout the internet community meant that someone from a completely unrelated forum spotted the car, cos of the unusual plate and body work, and reported it to the police. This was miles away from his home. It came home damaged but it got home. You have probably thought of this too.

I don't even know what to say.... to all of you..except ty.

I don't think any other group of people in the world would be as supportive and caring as all of you.

I wish I could get over feeling sick about this, but I honestly can't. So in trying to be proactive, I have done the following things.

1. told you guys.. which means the entire world knows.. ty so much

2. called the police

3. called and took pictures of the kites to the garbage and recycle company, and they are posting them for the drivers

4. contacted the radio stations , one of which did an interview this am and is airing it to try and recover the kites.

5. talked to nearby businesses and given them info, asking them to watch the dumpsters.

6. posted on craigslist in three different sections.. (took some doing cause you are only allowed to post one ad about each item..so i had to say my kites were stolen in 3 different ways.. rolls eyes.

7. contacted all my friends and coworkers here in town. They all know the kites and also have pics .

I have the day off tomorrow, so I will spend it driving around just looking. All I can do is hope..

ty again for all you are doing... not sure what I would do without you.

hugs, Mousie.. and Connor (my kiddo).

I don't even know what to say.... to all of you..except ty.

I don't think any other group of people in the world would be as supportive and caring as all of you.

I wish I could get over feeling sick about this, but I honestly can't. So in trying to be proactive, I have done the following things.

1. told you guys.. which means the entire world knows.. ty so much

2. called the police

3. called and took pictures of the kites to the garbage and recycle company, and they are posting them for the drivers

4. contacted the radio stations , one of which did an interview this am and is airing it to try and recover the kites.

5. talked to nearby businesses and given them info, asking them to watch the dumpsters.

6. posted on craigslist in three different sections.. (took some doing cause you are only allowed to post one ad about each item..so i had to say my kites were stolen in 3 different ways.. rolls eyes.

7. contacted all my friends and coworkers here in town. They all know the kites and also have pics .

I have the day off tomorrow, so I will spend it driving around just looking. All I can do is hope..

ty again for all you are doing... not sure what I would do without you.

hugs, Mousie.. and Connor (my kiddo).

Hey Amy, I wonder if a monetary reward may help?? I really feel your pain.

Cheers

Mario

amy ... oh man i cant beleave somebody could bring them selves to do this . i love those scarlettes .. people today are messed up in the head ... what is going on ??? are we livein in a world where someone has to steal something to get what they want?? why do people have to do this?? 4 years ago in wildwood the kite loft lost a $600 fish kite and noone could beleave that somethinh like this could happen but it did.. if i lived in your area i would search day and night for it because i would lose my mind if i lost ,my horse... amy i surely hope you get that bag back me and my family wish the best for you.. all i can say to the thiven basterds who did this sleep with one eye open we will find ya :kid_devlish:

Just a long shot,but many kite bags are very alike fishing tackle bags.I reckon they could even think thats what they stole.I dont know,but fishing shops,pawn shops,flee markets.

Those kites cant fly anywhere on this planet without someone ringing the bell.They cant be kite folk.Any one who knows this type of kite will be in the picture.I bet they try and sell them to a pawn shop or i hope an active flyer.Then THER STUFFED.

BRIAN...

hugs..

I also had contacted the pawn shops and the resale sports shops. The thing is, I am just about the only person in Bend that flies kites. I have met one other person with a rev here, and that was it.

People know my car, and the kites.. I have had them come up to me a week later.. and ask if that was me flying those cool kites at the field last saturday.. I don't know. I am hoping there is not a personal issue involved.. but I dont think so, because my first aid kit that i keep in a black backpack in the back was also stolen.

blaaaaaah

Amy, I can't possibly understand your feelings, but you have my complete sympathy. I don't have anything in my bag that compares to yours, but I would be devastated if mine were stolen. If mine were, they could be replaced, but yours can't. I am truly sorry for you and hope you recover them unharmed soon.

Doug

Just a long shot,but many kite bags are very alike fishing tackle bags.I reckon they could even think thats what they stole.I dont know,but fishing shops,pawn shops,flee markets.

Those kites cant fly anywhere on this planet without someone ringing the bell.They cant be kite folk.Any one who knows this type of kite will be in the picture.I bet they try and sell them to a pawn shop or i hope an active flyer.Then THER STUFFED.

BRIAN...

Amy,

I just had a thought... and I know you don't want to think about this, but.....if your kites don't show up, would your auto or home-owners insurance cover your lost :confused!:

I hope it doesn't come down to this and they show up soon,

Joe

hugs and ty.

I did call the resale sports stores and pawn shops. I am hoping home owners will cover it.. at least the ones that can be replaced..

I hate to say this, but we need to add one more kite to that list. It is an indoor Denny, pink with white tips.. see pic. sigh.

post-15-1190346192_thumb.jpg

Amy

That just makes me ill. I remember a few years ago Bob Serack's van was stolen and he lost all of his kites and banners.

Did they only take your kite stuff?

Lynn and I are on a road trip right now, but will surely keep a lookout in the Southern California area.

Every time I come to this thread, I think that I would be devestated if my bag was stolen, and I don't have near the things that you have. I'm so sorry!!!!

This person deserves a good hard beating! :boxing:

Hugs.. thanks Lynn and Jim and Watty.... yeah it bites. Connor and I have discovered more items missing from the car. and I remembered that my denny was in there also.. we are up to 15 kites.. plus multiple line sets, handles, stakes, etc. ugh

Just an update.

Connor and I walked for 2 hours along the canal roads looking in ditches to no avail. The longer this goes, the more I am thinking we may not see them again. Or perhaps they will show up elsewhere... out of this area.

A continued ty to everyone for keeping your eyes open for them.

hugs mousie