SF Bay Area

browndude3649

• 9 months later...

I always used to fly at Marina Park in San Leandro (I think), but since moving over to the peninsula my favorite spot has become Shoreline Park, which is just past Shoreline Amphitheater. There's a nice grassy field specifically designated for kite flying, and you get smooth, reliable, very steady onshore winds most afternoons. Plus, I've seen other people fly revs there, which must mean it's especially uber. :) Plus, you get to see some cool military aircraft doing flyovers sometimes, and you have to pass by the Googleplex on your way over to the field from the freeway, which is a delightful irony.

• 1 year later...

Caesar Chavez park in Berkeley Marina is a great place to work on Vented Rev flying in the summer time. In the winter time sometimes wind will reverse and blow in the opposite direction from the east. During that case, its pretty fun to stand on top of the hill overlooking the bay and flying below the horizon line.

-Darryl

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Reviving an old topic ... I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco next week near Sue Bierman park. I won't have a lot of time while I'm in town, but I was hoping there might be some place close (walking distance ideally) I could fly for a few hours on Sunday morning, or a bit during the evenings? Any suggestions?