Delighted EXP newbie on NC coast

fwimmer

Just wanted to say how much I absolutely loved my very first Rev EXP yesterday. The wind was a bit sporadic and gusty, so the conditions weren’t quite ideal for a first attempt. My first 10 minutes or so were pretty sketchy. In fact, I was beginning to think I’d bit off a bit too much, having only flown a small 2-line stunt kite (Prism Jazz) previously. Finally, after about 15 minutes, everything just kind of clicked and I was amazed at how comfortable I was with my new Rev. Two hours flew by, and by the end of, I felt remarkably confident and comfortable flying. No doubt, I still have so much to learn, but couldn’t believe the EXP was truly as easy to fly — and every bit as fun — as reported online. 

Thank so much for making such a wonderful kite. I can’t wait for my next opportunity to get out there and gain some more skills. Meanwhile, my very first experience with a Rev was an exhilarating afternoon that I’ll never forget. 

• Like 1

Hi, fwimmer, and welcome to the forum. Join us on the KiteLife forum also. 

Your experience with the dual-line probably helped a lot. It takes most people a bit longer to get comfortable with a Rev. Some people have a very hard time with it, struggling for quite some time before it "clicks". I'm glad that you are able to begin the journey so quickly -- and it is a journey, very much like the one you are on with your Jazz. There's so much you can do. The easiest way to learn new stuff is to try to feel it. In other words, don't overthink what you're trying to accomplish. Plus with the quad you can control the speed of the kite precisely. Doing things slowly until you build up the muscle memory is one advantage of quads.

Good luck on your journey. Smile, have fun and don't forget to breathe.

• Thanks 1