Questions on first REV

morg59

Question

Hello,

I am looking into buying my first REV and I am wondering if I would be better off getting the classic 1.5 or going with the newer reflex model. I am wanting to get a travel frame so I can take it on vacations and also get a 2wrap? so that I can use it on lighter wind days as we frequently have in Utah. My first impulse was to get the Reflex XX since its larger and may be able to fly in lighter winds but then I was told that if I got that it would not be compatible with any other kites and I may be better off with the classic.  It seems every time I start to think I know what I want I get flipped around and then go another direction. This will be my first quad line kite but I own 4 different dual line models that I have been having fun with.  Can anyone help clear up this mud?

4 answers to this question

The Reflex does have a different sized frame than the standard 1.5 series.  If this is your first kite then switching frames doesn't really matter right now.  If you are planning on getting several different types of Rev's then it may be a consideration.  For light winds the Reflex is awesome and frame switching isn't that big of a deal...you probably will only need the one frame it comes with to cover winds from 2-3 mph up to 20 mph.Here in Utah the winds can be flaky so having a kite with a wide range is good.

The Classic 1.5 does have the Reflex technology on it as well (Only the 3 wrap frame has the Reflex on it, all other sizes are standard).  With the classic model you can get the travel frame as well as the 2, 3, 4 wraps and the Race or Diamond frames.  At this time there is only the one frame option for the Reflex model.  We can customize any frame requirements for you.

Give Daelyn a call at the store and if you are in SLC, feel free to stop by and we can show you the different models.  We have most in stock.

www.awindofchange.com

[email protected]

We are in North Salt Lake area, there are several parks out here that have decent winds.  Foxborogh is a good one that usually isn't too busy and has plenty of winds.  We have had a couple kite festivals there and they have turned out pretty good. Let me know what area you are in and maybe we can hook up and fly.