First kite

Blast24/7

Question

18 answers to this question

After flying many Revs & expanding my collection all the way to the Power Blast 4-8 I can say with some conviction that I am very glad I started with the 1.5 SLE with 13" handles & 90# x 80' lines. If you want to see my progression of Revs look at the Global Rev count post 2064. That has most of them listed but will be updated when the B2 & Supersonic vented arrive shortly. You'll notice that my second Rev was a Power Blast 2-4. Flew the 1.5 SLE for some time before I had enough nerve to fly the larger sail.

• Like 1

Sitting here laughing!! This question is like asking what car to buy! What do YOU want out of your experience flying? What kind of conditions do you typically encounter? What style of flying interests you - fast and zippy, slower controlled flight, trick, team, pull, etc?? Give us some parameters to work with and Rev makes darn near anything and everything that will fill that void!!

Thank you guys for responding.

This is my first forum, kept checking everyday with no luck on a reply. So thank you for responding.

Well I have a delta around 7feet. I also have a 10 foot parafoil. Both dual line.

The foil pulls great in 30km plus winds. The delta is okay.

So I am trying to combine the two, by getting a quad.

I spoke to Rev years back, the lady who was helping me told me that I should be fine with the blast 2-4.

The winds here, some days good, some none at all. Usually before a storm I get good wind. So I would be happy to get a kite that I could fly most of the time, with decent pull, due to the wind condition.

Willing to sacrifice not having the blast or the 2-4.

I hope that sums up what I want, Stroke Survivor.

Well at least from the info given - it looks like you are into some "pull". I would think any of the Blast series might fit your needs, from a Blast ,2-4 Blast, or 4-8 Blast! All are more than capable of giving you a good workout! Look through the product descriptions of each, to see what you think.

• Like 1

The winds here, some days good, some none at all. Usually before a storm I get good wind. So I would be happy to get a kite that I could fly most of the time, with decent pull, due to the wind condition.

Willing to sacrifice not having the blast or the 2-4.

I hope that sums up what I want, Stroke Survivor.

Google "blast kite" and click on videos. The one with Barresi flying is low-wind. Look for Dan flying a two-stack in Milwaukee to see how much power they can generate. I saw him do that in person -- brutal. Kept complaining about sore shoulders the rest of the day for some reason.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the Dan Jones video, I did see that a while back. I think I will stick to one kite thank you. I like having my arms attached to my shoulders. Thats just nuts. Imagine if there was some strong wind.

Another reason I wanted the blast 2-4 was after watching this video on youtube. Revolution Power Blast 2-4 blast at Kuala Ibai Lagoon. I figured if a little kid can fly this beast. I should be able to do it.

• Like 2

The Dan Jones video has winds gusting to about 20mph. That's why it looks like the kites are overhead most of the time, because they are. In the Lagoon video the wind is probably no more than 4mph. I have only flown my 2-4 only in wind less than 8mph. Anything more than 5mph, the kite starts picking me up off the ground. I weigh about 145 pounds, but I know how to fly a quad well. At 8mph it's a real workout for me.

• Like 2

Even though I weigh 190 lbs, as my screen name indicates, I have balance issues and stay away from the power series. But I did get to try a Blast several years back and enjoyed my short time on the lines. Since I'm not interested in pull so much, my next experiment might be something from the "Speed Series" like a SuperSonic or ShockWave.

Yes, the Power Blast 2-4 gets pretty exhilarating in double digit wind. I have not had enough nerve, skill or experience to try my Power Blast 4-8 in anything higher than eight. You can dump power off the trailing edge easily but there are those moments when you get full power & the kite zooms off pulling hard. I can fly the PB 2-4 in a good breeze for about forty-five minutes before I get tired & start making mistakes. The pull is similar to flying a large stack of dualies but you can't really turn off the pull of a dualie stack. As for flying the Big One, the PB 4-8, I have Know Eye Deer how long I fly it as time kind of stands still.... SHBKF

Dayhiker, you must have plenty of experience flying the Revs. Go for it. Fly the Blast 4-8 in higher winds. Yes you would not be able to fly it for a long time. But you can always kill the power and take a break.

Well if all goes well I might get a SLE today. Since most of you suggest that I start with a smaller kite. Hope this guy meets me today to get the kite.

Off topic, what are the little black dots under Forum Member, some guys have a few and some many dots.

I called Rev yesterday, explained that I could not find a place to get the Rev kites and handles and line. The guy I spoke to was willing to hook me up with whatever I need, as long as I can't get it here. Which is great to know.

• Like 1

If you went to the main page and looked careful, you would have seen "Find A Store" in the column. Scrolling down would have put you at the Great Canadian Kite Company and I'm sure they would have helped you, I'm sure. Never the less, glad you got hooked up with something that plays nice with others, should you ever get the chance!

Are you on the KiteLife forum? Videos available there too, that teach you about Revs! if you join, look for me - I use my real name over there - Wayne Dowler.

Hi Stroke Survivor,

I have had this website for many years, I always check out the locate a store. The problem is that no one sells the blast, 2-4 or the 4-8 over here.

And when I call, I am told they don't carry it or it just got sold.

I can find most of the Rev kites that are below the Blast. I just figured to jump right into a blast or a 2-4.

Well I am to meet with the seller to get my first SLE, my first quad.

Feel like a kid in a candy store. LOL.

Canada sucks when it comes to buying good kites.

• Like 1

Even though I weigh 190 lbs, as my screen name indicates, I have balance issues and stay away from the power series. But I did get to try a Blast several years back and enjoyed my short time on the lines. Since I'm not interested in pull so much, my next experiment might be something from the "Speed Series" like a SuperSonic or ShockWave.

Wayne, you would probably have a "blast" flying a vented Supersonic! Less pull, more fun.