Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds, are a Rev fliers best friend......

beach

Well I slapped a Diamond (travel frame) leading edge into my kite just to see the difference (it had a three-piece P-90 upon arrival at the field). The wind range didn't change but the responsiveness certainly did! It just felt lighter on the strings for lack of better descriptive term.

I received this sail at WSIKF from Steve Polansky after installing an extra French Bridle into one of his kites (talk about an great exchange, or what!?!!) I had some too skinny elastic shock cord, but Lolly fixed me up with the right stuff necessary to make mine and Rich Comras' kite sails air worthy.

There's a brief video shot by a bystander here

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203911062151807&set=vb.1079141123&type=2&theater

post-92-0-39284700-1417436788_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-45102900-1417437247_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. That is a totally wicked skin. I think Skin is more appropriate than sail for these works of art.

I absolutely love my diamond sticks. I have flown comfortably with them up to 8-9 mph. Great response. I encourage all Revers' to get a set.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just loaded my Zen with diamonds on Friday at the Milton Indoor Kite Fest.

It flies great. Even on 15' flying indoor.

Further up the thread are comments on diamonds and Zen.

I'll be flying it again tonight at the parking lot.

You won't be disappointed IMHO

Diamonds ARE a pilots best friend.

Never have had diamonds for my Zen!! Had some 1st run diamonds I tried in my SUL as an LE. Liked the feel, but broke one and that ended that. Weigh them and compare to a stock Zen frame. I've been using a combo of 2 wrap center, race ends, Zen verts and came up with a weight savings of 12 grams over the stock frame. And it's stiffer too!! I wonder what could be the weight savings for diamonds??

Never have had diamonds for my Zen!! Had some 1st run diamonds I tried in my SUL as an LE. Liked the feel, but broke one and that ended that. Weigh them and compare to a stock Zen frame. I've been using a combo of 2 wrap center, race ends, Zen verts and came up with a weight savings of 12 grams over the stock frame. And it's stiffer too!! I wonder what could be the weight savings for diamonds??

My Zen spars. Diamonds

104.7 g. 68.6 g. 36.1g or 1.27 oz less

I'll post the individual weights

When I get off the park lot.

To nice of a morning not to fly.

• 4 weeks later...

Diamonds? I broke another one in the darn frozen crap laying around on the ground this past Sunday. First the string gets hung-up on the little finger iced edges sticking up, you yank and spank trying to saw thru that snag, then it lets go suddenly and I need a new piece in the leading edge. I'm really likin' the travel frame option as only a 6th needs to go into the trash bin!

• Like 1

Six years of flying quads and I haven't broken a stick in any of my Rev's yet. Now, my home-made quads..........I ran out of fingers for counting them a long time ago! I did break a vertical from a Supersonic when it fell out because I didn't put it behind the bungee and stepped on it while I was looking for it.

Got two diamond 1.5 frames and Frenchies for 1.5 and Zen over the winter, but haven't tried them yet. Put a diamond frame and SUL bridle on my red/wht/blk Spiro yesterday, made up 50-pound linesets in 120-foot, 80-foot & 40-foot and can't wait to try it in some low wind. Am putting the Frenchies on my Rainbow Radical Spiro today with a black race frame. Come on, warm weather!

The French Bridle is simpler to install than I thought it would be, and at $25 is a lot easier than making your own.

Where do you get the French bridles?

The Shooks at Flying Smiles Kites have French Bridles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's where I got them. They were out of the Rev2 size about a month ago, but had the 1 and 1.5 in stock.