UK Flight Sites

Andy3141

Anybody care to share where they fly in the UK? I have only ever met 3 other rev flyers in the UK (hi brian, dave and claire :) ) and that was at ainsdale beach (near southport). Ainsdale beach is the best place to fly that I know of because it has consistent wind and a huge clean beach, there are also alot of kite surfers their so there is plenty to sit and watch when you want a break from flying yourself.

So has anybody else got any great flying sites.......?

The North Beach at Troon in Scotland - not that far from Glasgow, is probably our most accessible West Coast site. Biiig (for UK) flat beach, tides goes out a good way, wind very often straight in from the west - you can even park right at the edge of the sand. But, sand's a bit muddy, the location ain't even slightly pretty and there're no amenities.

South Beach is nicer, but smaller, so perhaps less good for flying - I haven't tried, but it's much more attractive for non-kiters.

Hey ho

Oh by the way - the proper name of the north beach.....? Barrasie Beach. (No really - Google it and see! :kid_smartass: )

Anybody care to share where they fly in the UK? I have only ever met 3 other rev flyers in the UK (hi brian, dave and claire :) ) and that was at ainsdale beach (near southport). Ainsdale beach is the best place to fly that I know of because it has consistent wind and a huge clean beach, there are also alot of kite surfers their so there is plenty to sit and watch when you want a break from flying yourself.

So has anybody else got any great flying sites.......?

Andy - there are a couple of other rev chaps who turn up at Ainsdale too, Steve, Neil and Ted. We should get organised enough to all be there at once - it would be the most revs in the sky together that I would have seen in one go - that would make 7 of us!

This is our beach!

603003485_5a3dc292ae_m.jpg

Spelling isnt the problem Fraser.Its my typeing,spelling,misspent youth,northern dialect,maverick nature,wife,,2 kids,mortgage,cats,dogs,bills,insomnia,,,,,,,,,,THE PRICE OF A LOAF.

Just plane kitecrazy i think its called

Sorry John,i will pay more attention next time.Spelling someones name wrong is poor forum,it agravates me.

Thanks Frazzer,,,lol.

BRIAN...

Andy - there are a couple of other rev chaps who turn up at Ainsdale too, Steve, Neil and Ted. We should get organised enough to all be there at once - it would be the most revs in the sky together that I would have seen in one go - that would make 7 of us!

This is our beach!

Wow that's some beach!

Is there anywhere nice to stay around there? I'm thinking it my be a nice place for a practice weekend.

p.s. slightly off topic. Portsmouth Festival this year. Should be a large Rev mega team. Come and see how we get it wrong. I sure there will be space for a few add hoc flying sessions. You'll know where to find me. I'll be the one with the Blue, White & Black rev! (well one of them)

OK that takes Portsmouth off the maybe list. I hope to see you there. I will be the one with the Blue B series doing an impression of someone who has'nt got a clue!! I can just about hover as long as it is only for a second or two.

I am on holliday about an hour or so away so might even come say Hi both days. If that is OK with you of course?

To put it back on topic, hope to spend some time on Hengistbury Head, if they still allow kite flying there. Some restrictions were creeping in last year.

OK that takes Portsmouth off the maybe list. I hope to see you there. I will be the one with the Blue B series doing an impression of someone who has'nt got a clue!! I can just about hover as long as it is only for a second or two.

I am on holliday about an hour or so away so might even come say Hi both days. If that is OK with you of course?

To put it back on topic, hope to spend some time on Hengistbury Head, if they still allow kite flying there. Some restrictions were creeping in last year.

Great news.

I'll be the one shouting at everyone else.

The space to fly at Portsmouth can be a little tight so I would get there early either day then we should be able to find space to fly. There should be at least 9 of my team there maybe a few more.

Practice facing left & right and then holding still, rotating upwards around your top tip and downwards around your bottom tip, and holding at the edge of the window facing into the centre. Everything is just flower arranging!

Any more takers for an impromptu team lesson? 120' feet long lines is best if you have them if not, then as long as you have. oh and contrary to the manual on this forum it is ANTI clockwise not counter clockwise :devil:

See you there.

Anyone up for writing an article about this gathering, from a new flier's eyes?

This would make great reading, and pics would be cool too. ;)

I'm not sure we can run to all the trimmings you're getting at the AKA convention but I promise not to charge anyone $200 either :kid_devlish:

I have just heard from a Taiwanese friend who is also coming over so brush up your Mandarin. youbian = right, zuobian = left.

Are there any more takers for a little rev "master" class?

Spelling isnt the problem Fraser.Its my typeing,spelling,misspent youth,northern dialect,maverick nature,wife,,2 kids,mortgage,cats,dogs,bills,insomnia,,,,,,,,,,THE PRICE OF A LOAF.

Just plane kitecrazy i think its called

Sorry John,i will pay more attention next time.Spelling someones name wrong is poor forum,it agravates me.

Thanks Frazzer,,,lol.

BRIAN...

Aw no, mate! I wasn't pulling you up for your spelling, Bri - I was actually just trying to make another joke! I was assuming you were 'punning' on the name of the beach I had posted. LOL :blushing:

My spelling is legendary,just wish my flying was as consistant.Dont worry FRASER,i was also atempting to be humerous,no harm done at all.Infact, its not the first time ive been pulled over it.Bugly off FA and GWTW ribbed me so much i promised i would take more care.I will try and keep the promise.

Cant do Portsmouth Festival or Bristol.We are [the Revalations]helping out a freind who has lost sponsorship to a new event at Harewood House near Leeds.We are in the program and everything,,, Big WAW i here you say :),may even do a little PA work somewhere that long weekend. Its a wonderfull setting,,,wooooooow.Should be a good event,even if its in YORKSHIRE[im a Lancastrian so,fight,fight,fight :P ]

THE FOOT AND MOUTH MAY SPOIL EVERYTHING FOR US ALL,UK WIDE IF IT SPREADS.Lets pray it gets sorted.

AINSDALE.

Ainsdale and places to stay i here you say.If your serious about a long weekend or a Saturday flyover[stop over].Iam sure we could sort something out.It realy is a wonderfull Beech .Let me know if anyone fancys a trip and we may try and get it on.I have a Caravan thats got mod cons,pop up tents and thers a site thats a touch exspensive,but worth it just up from the Beech.

BRIAN...

My spelling is legendary,just wish my flying was as consistant.Dont worry FRASER,i was also atempting to be humerous,no harm done at all.Infact, its not the first time ive been pulled over it.Bugly off FA and GWTW ribbed me so much i promised i would take more care.I will try and keep the promise.

Cant do Portsmouth Festival or Bristol.We are [the Revalations]helping out a freind who has lost sponsorship to a new event at Harewood House near Leeds.We are in the program and everything,,, Big WAW i here you say :),may even do a little PA work somewhere that long weekend. Its a wonderfull setting,,,wooooooow.Should be a good event,even if its in YORKSHIRE[im a Lancastrian so,fight,fight,fight :P ]

THE FOOT AND MOUTH MAY SPOIL EVERYTHING FOR US ALL,UK WIDE IF IT SPREADS.Lets pray it gets sorted.

AINSDALE.

Ainsdale and places to stay i here you say.If your serious about a long weekend or a Saturday flyover[stop over].Iam sure we could sort something out.It realy is a wonderfull Beech .Let me know if anyone fancys a trip and we may try and get it on.I have a Caravan thats got mod cons,pop up tents and thers a site thats a touch exspensive,but worth it just up from the Beech.

BRIAN...

Yeh and it's nearly as good as Hoylake lol :blue_wink:

This is our beach!

Sounds like a good idea to me. The most revs I have seen in the sky is when i met You, dave and brian. By the way, I have tought suzanne (the girlfreind to fly revs, she now has her own 1.5SLE vented and also lends my EXP when the winds are lower, so that would make 8 of us.

Just incase you wanted to view my 1st attempt at making a kite video see the link below . All of the footage is on Ainsdale beach (it was the 1st time I flew since meeting up with you, dave and brian)

Let us know what you think.

P.S. The goofy guy standing next to the kite is not me!! (Ha Ha Will :D)

Andy.