WSIKF 2012 (REV FIELD)

KiteLife

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in with a quick update. We are one flyer short of having 6 full teams, so if there's anyone you know that may want to do this, please let them know! (That count includes iQuad, they wanted to play too!) Should be a lot of fun, can't wait to see everyone there!

Bri

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in with a quick update. We are one flyer short of having 6 full teams, so if there's anyone you know that may want to do this, please let them know! (That count includes iQuad, they wanted to play too!) Should be a lot of fun, can't wait to see everyone there!

Bri

Did you include Paul Dugard & Alden Miller?

Excellent suggestions gents! :) I hadn't included Paul or Alden because i hadn't heard specifically from them. But I think their names just got on the list. :) And I'd LOVE to see Bazzer and Stevie fly two positions each. I think it might even provide them a little bit of a challenge!

Does anything challenge those two? B)

Just get a third like that and you can have a 3 person champions team :wacko:

You're right, that proably wouldn't challenge those two at all. They're nuts, but they're lovable little mutants. :)

I'm working on my two kite flying skills, but I'm having trouble focusing on both kites at once. Maybe a little brain surgery is in order.

You're right, that proably wouldn't challenge those two at all. They're nuts, but they're lovable little mutants. :)

I'm working on my two kite flying skills, but I'm having trouble focusing on both kites at once. Maybe a little brain surgery is in order.

A little ELP "Brain Salad Surgery" might be in order!!!kid_devlish.gif For the musically challenged, that's Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, one of the first "super groups"!

Pick me! Pick me! I want in. kid_devlish.gif

I've been meaning to reply here, but didn't get a chance to until now.

I had the pleasure of meeting and getting a chance to fly with John Barresi and Watty this past weekend at the Berkeley Kite Festival. It was my first time flying team maneuvers, and I learned a lot. Of course, it was tons of fun, and now I want to do more.

This will be my first time at WSIKF. I'm really excited. Unfortunately, I will most likely only be there on Friday, since it's part of a family trip for me.

Bri, PM heading your way shortly.

Well if all the moves flown in the routine are within your ability, then get the routine and timing memorised and I'm sure you will have a chance to fly it when you get there ... even if it's after we do our multi-team thing.

Bri, I would like to get in on the team fly. Jan and I will be there all week although I'm the only one who flies Revs while she is content to watch or sleep in.

I sent you a PM with details about arrival, departure and skill :innocent: level.

Thanks and hope to meet you at WSIKF, Ray.

I know this has been touched on before ... but I thought I'd add this again from my own personal perspective.

If there is anyone out there concerned about skill level - while I can't promise you will be able to fly the routine, I can guarentee that spending time flying with others there WILL improve your skill level B)

(so be sure to cut yourself a little slack)

I know this has been touched on before ... but I thought I'd add this again from my own personal perspective.

If there is anyone out there concerned about skill level - while I can't promise you will be able to fly the routine, I can guarentee that spending time flying with others there WILL improve your skill level B)

(so be sure to cut yourself a little slack)

Agreed!

There is no record or goal at stake here, no one's success or failure will break the mission at hand.

Amen Steven! A lot of people underrate their skills and are afraid to jump into a team situation (myself included). In all likelihood you're better than you think you are, so come on in! There are some great flyers in this family and I guarantee you'll learn a lot more flying WITH them than watching them.

Busted my :censored: today flying at a public event in next to zero wind (or less) and my body can feel it.

I'm not sure how I will handle 9-10 days at WSIKF, but I'm not stopping for anything ... please make the required arrangements to have a SLE sparred stretcher to carry me off the beach at the end of the day and back on in the morning.

I may need to be shipped home as cargo B)

Busted my today flying at a public event in next to zero wind (or less) and my body can feel it.

I'm not sure how I will handle 9-10 days at WSIKF, but I'm not stopping for anything ... please make the required arrangements to have a SLE sparred stretcher to carry me off the beach at the end of the day and back on in the morning.

I may need to be shipped home as cargo

.....motorized wheelchair all terrain tyres....

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.