Advice Needed - Length of Stack Lines for Progressive Stack

Hi,

I'm thinking of trying a progressive stack with only a B2 and a BPro. Does anybody knows what recommended length of the stack lines should I use? Since its a progressive stack, does that mean the stack lines have to be different? 7 attachment points too right?

Thanks

-Darryl

For a B2 to a 1.5B Pro use at least 4.5 foot stack lines. And yes you need 7 of them. If you make them yourself be very accurate when finishing them off. Alternatively stack lines can be bought as a kit. Kent at A Wind Of Change has them right off the shelf. I purchased a set of 4.5's for putting two 1.5s together but I'll use them to train my incoming B2 to my SLE. Stacks are great fun and get PLENTY of attention.

Have fun.

Rob

Just re-read post, sorry mate I think I came in a little early as I'm not sure about the lengths now. Can't see it being a prob as I think the proportions are the same, it's just a matter of scaling from a B2 to a 1.5. There wi be someone much smarter than me to give a definitive answer.

Edited by SparkieRob

• 1 month later...

Today I made 2/3rds of a Progressive Stack, trained my B2 to my EXP. Both had 3 wrap frames. Wind was 20km/h (12mph). I used 7 x 4.5 foot stacking lines. About 2 to 3 inches of brake. My back kite, the EXP, was bowing a heap more while the B2 was essentially straight.

My questions are;

Is this a case of just tuning the stacking lines for equal tension while inflight?

Or does the 1.5 size kite develop a lot more sail pressure than the B2?

Would this equalize out if/when I add a Rev 1 to the back?

Or is it simply a case that a shorter rod of the same diameter is stronger?

Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.