• Announcements

• KiteLife

Use of Forum

Greetings, we've received notice of a few forum members soliciting other users for specifications on some of the Revolution kites... Please be advised, any such confirmed activity will result in immediate suspension of forum privileges. Making your own Rev style kite for artisitic purposes is admirable, but directly copying the patterns in use will not be encouraged here.
Fraserx

Global Rev Count.

1 hour ago, Reef Runner said:

What he said.....REV ;)

What about Polos? What about any sails printed by Los Hermanos prior to . . . . .?

• Like 1

Given they are currently considered Rev family, they are fine. I don't know, geeez guys, I don't (and will not) want to start policing a list of who owns what, what's legit and what's not, that just silly :D . I have better things to do. If it has a Rev logo on it, it's a Rev. And in some cases it may not have a logo on it. Just use some common sense

• Like 1

Anything by LHSK should be fine, along with the Shook products. Not sure if the "new" Detox is included yet??? Think LHSK makes them?? All the masterpiece kites have a Rev logo on them somewhere I think. 

All that Rev finishes and most licensed builds will have that lower tip triangle on the back side, I believe. My Spiros, Mitchell design, Hermanos print, Rev finish do have them.

• Like 2

Ya, this is PRETTY much correct. I am sure there are a few exceptions to this but, in general, yes.

• Like 2

+1 (14)

Vintage indoor, White/Red with custom? wooden handles.

IMG_1448.JPG

Let me see if I can help get closer to a full 16. I forgot to report that I picked up a mid-vent, bringing my total to 3. It was one of the last ones sewn when they were closing down the line. I'm assuming it still counts, even though at this point I'm a little scared to fly it. (Don't worry, though, I will.)

• Like 1

Dayhiker -1 +1 (27)  still same count but traded a spare B2 for a SLE vented which was actually part of a larger deal containing a kite measured in meters & a bug

I picked up an older Gibian Masterpiece revolution from the Comras collection (the Patriotic Eagle) this past weekend in Ocean City.  My lovely bride did not attend with me, but left no misunderstanding between us either.  "You are NOT to buy another kite at the auction!",... stated quite clearly, in front of witnesses.  

I wasn't even bidding until it got over 500 bucks.  The wanta-bees are gone thereafter.  Cowardly Paul then left it assembled on the dining room table of the condo, before bed.  The best gal in the whole world got up 1st in the morning and just knew that Cath & Eliot Shook didn't buy that wing, it must belong to her husband!

And, in fact it did~!~

I will fly it a few months and then return it

maybe

Barbara snagged a second set of 14 "mini-roks" and Harold Ames also let me acquire his personal set of famous baby-revs. Both pkgs were sherpa'd to OC by Marc Conklin.

Dayhiker +1 (28)  another Supersonic, how'd that happen?  Well it is really good lookin'.   SHBKF