Montana, Big Sky Country.

Exile

Katrina,

Thank you for contacting exile. I'll be looking forward to hearing from him.

smile.png ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------smile.png-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------smile.png

Also for all that I've had the pleasure to meet and talk to on this forum, My wife and I will be coming to Lincoln City for the Oct 5, 6 Kite Festival. We are really looking forward to getting back to Lincoln City since our vacation there last month was shortened by several days. We will be staying at Sailor Jacks, just a ways down the beach from where the festival will be held. I am looking forward to meeting as many people there as possible, especially those I've met here.

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

• Like 2

Hi Rick, don't forget, there is also the annual American Kitefliers Association annual Convention in Seaside, 2nd week of October (8-13). smile.png

http://www.kite.org/convention

Lots of friendly, top notch kite folks, and Spence Watson (Rev phenom) is giving Rev lessons to registered attendees on Saturday. smile.png

Learn to Fly a Rev: Rev 101

Spencer “Watty” Watson; Saturday

This workshop is intended to enable new Rev fliers to enjoy flying Revs in their own time with minimal frustration. The workshop will explain some of the varieties in equipment like venting, handles, and lines; set up and take down procedures including line management; as well as basic flight including some tips for easy recovery, and additional bits to keep in mind to make the most of your time on the kite field. Any time left after covering the intended material may be used for open Q&A or individual coaching.

One of the biggest events of the year. kid_content.gif

John,

Thanks for the reminder for the convention. We are going to try and attend for at least a couple of days. Right now, because of my Mom's medical conditions, I'm not locking into anything just in case we have to drop everything and head for the airport to get back home.

Also, because of the trip to the WSIKF our travel budget is straining just to get to Lincoln City. In spite of that I do have hotel reservations in Seaside for the convention week just in case. I'm not sure what to do about the conference fee at this time in case we have to leave either ahead of or during the convention.

Regardless, we are going to try our best to be there. There is so many people I want meet and watch fly which definitely includes meeting you. Also I would love the opportunity to get some instructions from Watty. What a great opportunity!!!

Anyway, we will do our best to be there!

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I thought we were going to be in Lincoln City for the fall festival next weekend, but when you have an 84 year old mother, your plans can get changed without notice. My mom has to be in the hospital from this Wednesday until who knows when for a "possible" leg amputation. If the last change surgery on her arteries doesn't work, or if there are any complications they will be taking her remaining leg. This is something we have been dreading, but there is no other options now. There is also a very good chance she might not survive the procedures, so we have to be there, in spite of really wanting to be with all of you at the festival.

Have fun all and gets of lots of line time! We will be thinking about you all.

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Hope to see you and hope she pulls through with good results!!

Thank you Wayne. I will be in Lincoln City for the June festival come hell or high water. The only thing that will keep me away is if I find my obituary in the paper before then and I'm just too mean to allow that to happen!

Have fun!!!

Rick