What do you do when you aren't flying?

I post on this forum......

honey do list..

honey do list..

honey do list.........................................

work at the inlaw's..

work at the inlaw's..

HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!big_bangin.gif ,,,,,,,,,,That never work's!!!!!!!!!

But.....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!ani_yahoo.gifsmile.gif .................

Read

read

read

read (2 or 3 books a day sometimes)

Hang out in kite forums

Play with electronic gadgets

Watch movies (1400 movies; a mix of old and new on my system)

A bit of boating (no, that's not right. A boat is a tool to get you on the water; that's what I like. Still not quite right; I DO like boats. It's just that what most people seem to mean by "boating" is something like: hanging out with friends and oh, yeah, it's nice if there is a boat and some water involved. Think of Ratty's quote from Wind In The Willows: "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.")

...and one of these days, maybe I'll get around to a bit of kite flying.

I have to say: being retired is good. I could still use another 24 hours in every day and not get bored.

Read

read

read

read (2 or 3 books a day sometimes)

Hang out in kite forums

Play with electronic gadgets

Watch movies (1400 movies; a mix of old and new on my system)

A bit of boating (no, that's not right. A boat is a tool to get you on the water; that's what I like. Still not quite right; I DO like boats. It's just that what most people seem to mean by "boating" is something like: hanging out with friends and oh, yeah, it's nice if there is a boat and some water involved. Think of Ratty's quote from Wind In The Willows: "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.")

I have to say: being retired is good. I could still use another 24 hours in every day and not get bored.

I tend to read a lot as well, but since I spend all day hunched at a computer or in meetings, I need to find interruptions for my back and shoulders. And I totally agree with you and Ratty re. boats. My preferred mode of boating - sailing, requires planning and maintenance -not my strong suits!

Hey! Looks like I do a lot of "boating" myself! And I live in the middle of the desert! tongue.gif

But you do have some nice spots for boating nearby.

Oh, yeah! Living surrounded by the Great Lakes (and a fair number of inland lakes as well) is a great place to live if you like being on the water.

I've been out of sight of land for nearly a week on the lakes (long-ways down Lake Huron, in fog, against the wind - pre-GPS and pre-LORAN!). A Sailing Story tells the tale. I'm nearly the last alive able to tell that tale. (I should go back to my original slides and scan some decent hi-res versions of the pictures for that page. I first put that on my website when people were surfing the Web with 1200 Baud modems. I checked Wikipedia; that may be an exaggeration. Modems were getting up to 9600 for reasonable prices by then.)

As big as the GL are, fresh-water lakes are fundamentally different from salt water for boating. Not sure why.

A little mnemonic for those who like them: HOMES - Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior - the 5 Great Lakes (in a fairly useless order, but SMHEO or OEHMS don't spell anything very memorable).

Shooting, fly fishing, archery, scuba (not for ages), Harley, Radio Ham, RC sailboat, Drums, Off Road Driving, computers, some other stuff I must have forgotten about, difficult to see where I gt the time to fly, but I do!!

• 1 month later...

What I do when I am not flying kites

Video Games :D

Building Computers

Computer Games

High School :(

Marching Bandcup_1st.gif

Music (both listening and playing [saxophone])

Magic: The Gathering (card game)

Warhammer: 40,000 (tabletop game)

Paintball/Airsoft (I do both)

Researching kites/ Thinking about flying kites

Trying to learn more about computers

I do Falconry most of my time

15d264c26f152e863039b9e945c81e06.jpg

Myself, and my Redtailed Hawk. "Isabeau" Now, who can tell me where I got the name from, and why?

Pretty_little_lady_by_Defiant_Exile.jpg

This was Freya, right after I trapped her. She is an American Kestrel.

269192_10150221048562484_637697483_7620612_1016239_n.jpg

a friends White Gyrfalcon

n637697483_2193996_7803007.jpg

Working with the Isabeau