Anybody else lake playing with there Rev in the Water?

nobodyspecial

Hey,

Anybody out there on a non masters level like to play with there rev in the water? I've been playing with it lately and if i can get enough depth, need to get it checked i'm going to try spins, oh yea, leading edge down launches out of the water may scare you with the flex, the leading edge almost becomes a "U" with 3 wrap.

• Like 1

Hey,

Anybody out there on a non masters level like to play with there rev in the water? I've been playing with it lately and if i can get enough depth, need to get it checked i'm going to try spins, oh yea, leading edge down launches out of the water may scare you with the flex, the leading edge almost becomes a "U" with 3 wrap.

Playing in the water with a REV can be fun until you can't fly it out. Then you have to pull it out.

Attached are some photos from my camera, taken of me flying in the lake at Silvaplana Switzerland. This is about 5Km from S. Moritz.

post-41-1181333561_thumb.jpg

post-41-1181333572_thumb.jpg

post-41-1181333604_thumb.jpg

post-41-1181333614_thumb.jpg

post-41-1181333669_thumb.jpg

post-41-1181333680_thumb.jpg

well the lake i fly at doesnt have that kind of backround john mitchell but freshwater is always better for the rev sails then salt water thats for sure

The ocean has the problems of the waves in that they will flatten the sail, thus you can't take off. You have to fly perpendicular to the waves. Afterwards, you have to take the REV in the shower with you and wash it off, otherwise it will start to really stink like dead fish in a few days.

Friend Rob likes to play in the water, in this shot the Rev has a camera aboard...

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=443806306&size=o

and this was the shot from the camera.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/b2kap/443798423/

a close up of the mesh giving out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/b2kap/443807373/

and a bit more here.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...10&hl=en-GB

Oh and here too.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...530320075404880

Playing in the water with a REV can be fun until you can't fly it out. Then you have to pull it out.

Attached are some photos from my camera, taken of me flying in the lake at Silvaplana Switzerland. This is about 5Km from S. Moritz.

Hey John.....just couldn't resist that shot of the kite with the geese on it could ya? Great shot......that's where the kite belongs......

Did you think of that when you got the kite or did it just happen?

P

well my revs dont go in the shower i just take them out and sprey them good with my outdoor hose and all is good

I'm sorry ANT....but I just don't believe ya. The way you talk about that Sainz kite....I bet you've had it not only in the shower but a few "other" places as well!!! :lol::D (It is an amazing kite.)

P

(sorry folks...I don't know how to do that double quote thang)

Hey John.....just couldn't resist that shot of the kite with the geese on it could ya? Great shot......that's where the kite belongs......

Did you think of that when you got the kite or did it just happen?

P

The geese was a poor shot by me trying to do art. It was suppose to be swans. It was for my ballet in 1995 to the music Swan Lake.

My neighbor who is an artist saw it and she redrew the swans for me which appear on a later REV I that I built.

When I was at Silvaplana Lake that year I so happen to have the geese REV with me and flew it to look like they were swimming in the lake.

So Yes, the picture was intentional.

post-41-1181414589_thumb.jpg

The last time I did the kite in the water thing I had to go get it out of the ocean :wacko: . Wet kite, tangled sandy lines Yuk ! :angry: Needless to say I didn’t do that again. Then today I started reading this thread and looking at the great pictures. I figured 'hey if they can do it so can I', so off I went to the beach this afternoon. Man did I have a good time. I had it half under the water all afternoon. The fans were going nuts. I would bring her down tip first, hover until a wave went by then dip the tip till I hit bottom, which was just over a quarter of the kite. Just before another wave came by up she would pop. This gave me the confidence to do some tip dragging and just playing around with the water. Thanks to you guy unknowingly talking me into trying it again. :) It turned into another great flying day. :D

The geese was a poor shot by me trying to do art. It was suppose to be swans. It was for my ballet in 1995 to the music Swan Lake.

My neighbor who is an artist saw it and she redrew the swans for me which appear on a later REV I that I built.

When I was at Silvaplana Lake that year I so happen to have the geese REV with me and flew it to look like they were swimming in the lake.

So Yes, the picture was intentional.

Sorry John...my bad. Your art is NOT bad...just my observation of water fowl. They are swans.....don't get to see many around here....but we do get a lot of geese!!!

Nice looking kite and very apropos in the water.......

P

Sorry John...my bad. Your art is NOT bad...just my observation of water fowl. They are swans.....don't get to see many around here....but we do get a lot of geese!!!

Nice looking kite and very apropos in the water.......

P

My neighbor also called them geese or ducks, so I must agree with you that they are geese and not swans.

I gave that Rev to a friends daughter.

I kept the swans Rev.

John,

In the picture of the swans sitting in the water. Looking in the upper left corner is that the other rev down to the LE?(deep!)

I never took notice!

I looked at other photos in the sequence and found that is a Wind Surfer who is down.

A REV won't sink in a lake. The leading edge tends to float a little bit higher then the rest of the REV.

if you lay them flat in the water they will float youll just have to pull it back to land to fly it dry

Your are very right on that, so always make sure you keep those lower tips down using the lower lines when you do a tail landing.

In a lake it is rather easy. In the ocean, if you aren't very careful the waves or back flow may push those tips up. In is easier flying perpendicular to the waves.

I do wish I could figure out how to take pictures and fly at the same time! My web pages would be packed. I figured out how to talk on the cell phone the other day while flying. I just put the phone in my mouth, put it on speaker and talked around it. I was told I sounded a bit garbled but they could understand me. I was talking to my daughter who was watching me on one of the many beach web cams. That was cool.

I do wish I could figure out how to take pictures and fly at the same time! My web pages would be packed. I figured out how to talk on the cell phone the other day while flying. I just put the phone in my mouth, put it on speaker and talked around it. I was told I sounded a bit garbled but they could understand me. I was talking to my daughter who was watching me on one of the many beach web cams. That was cool.

For the REV: Either have someone with you take the pictures for you or fly with one hand and photograph with the other. The former definitely gives you better pictures.

For the phone: Try one of the hand-free head/ear sets. They work fine.