NOW AVAILABLE: New Historical Revolution Masterpiece

johnnmitchell

I saw the skins of the Golden Historical Revolution today. WOW! They were great!

The detail was unbelievable. You could even read Bazzer's signature on the Zen.

The skins are off shortly to the semester to be sewn. I would make a wild guess that some(or all) might be ready to ship probably next week.

You would have to consult Ben or Lolly for more precise information.

hi John

can you tell me something about the price of these fantastic NEW Masterpiece

can I find some new informations at Revkites or must I order here at the forum

greetz form gemany

Matthias Klimke

Hello Matthias,

If you look earlier in this topic, you will find information from Ben D'Antonio who is Sales Manager for Revolution Kites.

The retail USA price is $325.00. You can NOT order directly on this forum.

The only details available for this Golden Historical Revolution at this moment, is within this subject.

At this time it is a only direct purchase from Ben at Revolution.

Just give them a call or send them an email. They will get your order processing.

I really hope you order and enjoy a Golden Historical Revolution

John

Hello Family, well it's a wet weekend in San Diego and as most of you know I'm sort of bedridden with a sneak off to work each day.....blue_wink.gif So with that said I

have to give credit where it is do and these beautiful kites are really brought to by John M., he not only designed the lay out but also worked with our friends

in Spain to get them printed......blue_biggrin.gif So the world knows we are a small company and could never pay the people that do so much for us in so many ways so

every once in awhile I pick someone to do a project with and let them run with it and on this one I let John run and did he ever runkid_devlish.gif, these kites came

out so good it's just shocking the detail in each one.... Then he came up to the factory and inspected the sails when they came in and got to see the custom

bags I had printed to go with them and I'd venture to say he was impressed how good the project came out....blue_cool.gif Now on to this post John as you know we

are keeping 5 of the kites and we'd like you to except one as a gift not so much for this one project but for all you do for all of us, the Revolution Family......blue_cool.gif

Now it is with great sadness tonight I'm destroying the original print which was used to create this one of a kind kite,,,,,confused_1.gif but not to worry I already bought

one of these kites for myself...... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Hello Family, well it's a wet weekend in San Diego and as most of you know I'm sort of bedridden with a sneak off to work each day.....blue_wink.gif So with that said I

have to give credit where it is do and these beautiful kites are really brought to by John M., he not only designed the lay out but also worked with our friends

in Spain to get them printed......blue_biggrin.gif So the world knows we are a small company and could never pay the people that do so much for us in so many ways so

every once in awhile I pick someone to do a project with and let them run with it and on this one I let John run and did he ever runkid_devlish.gif, these kites came

out so good it's just shocking the detail in each one.... Then he came up to the factory and inspected the sails when they came in and got to see the custom

bags I had printed to go with them and I'd venture to say he was impressed how good the project came out....blue_cool.gif Now on to this post John as you know we

are keeping 5 of the kites and we'd like you to except one as a gift not so much for this one project but for all you do for all of us, the Revolution Family......blue_cool.gif

Now it is with great sadness tonight I'm destroying the original print which was used to create this one of a kind kite,,,,,confused_1.gif but not to worry I already bought

one of these kites for myself...... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Thank You very much Ben for your kind words and the wonderful gift of a Golden Historical Revolution.

I'll try not to hound you too much for not taking care of your leg when I see you hobbling around.

Now I am surely going to get flamed by others for making that last statement.

I'll try not to hound you too much for not taking care of your leg when I see you hobbling around.

Hey John, we are ALL trying to get Ben to rest and put himself first for a while. At least till that foot gets better. And I am sure you have nagged at him the same as we all are.

In reality, if any of us think that Ben is going to sit round on his posterior for the next few Weeks I think we are living in LaLa land.

Now Ben, you be good OK? :kid_devlish:

Thank You very much Ben for your kind words and the wonderful gift of a Golden Historical Revolution.

Partly my fault... I forced him to go out and fly.

;)

Hello Family well got the chance to test this one today and me and " Jack "wacko.gif went out for some serious kite flying....blue_cool.gif So with that even with it being a bit

over cast down at " Seaport Village " things went well with the new art kite with graphics by the one and only John Mitchell was a great success and really looked

well in the sky..... I must admit this design is all Johns idea and it came out really good and the brothers in Spain did an awesome job on the print work as always

and the bags are even better than the kite...... (hint keep your eyes open we may have to have new bags for all the kitesinnocent.gif) So with this all being said from the

not to sunny Southern Cally heres the new kites in flight with some real cool background......Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

post-35-129150778307_thumb.jpg

post-35-129150778824_thumb.jpg

post-35-12915077938_thumb.jpg

post-35-129150780113_thumb.jpg

post-35-129150780728_thumb.jpg

post-35-129150781876_thumb.jpg

post-35-129150783007_thumb.jpg

post-35-129150783719_thumb.jpg

post-35-12915078515_thumb.jpg

Got mine 2 days ago. Fantastic job to all involved.

I love the "start to finish" graphics. Colors are great.

John, your research paid off big time for us, thanks. ( don't think we knew what you were up to).

Was expecting a blue back ground. Quite a shock when I saw the gold fade.

John, where did you get that idea from and how was it done?

The colors worked so well with the kite prints. Your efforts are appreciated.

Make Me Somemore

Rick

Edited by NED

Got mine 2 days ago. Fantastic job to all involved.

I love the "start to finish" graphics. Colors are great.

John, your research paid off big time for us, thanks.

Was expecting a blue back ground. Quite a shock when I saw the gold fade.

John, where did you get that idea from and how was it done?

The colors worked so well with the kite prints.

Make Me Somemore

Rick

Thank you kindly for your comments.

The background colors were picked from a real sunset that I photographed back in 2000 while on vacation in Langkawi.

Where did I get the idea from. That is hard to answer. One of my trades is Graphic Design and I am a bit of history fanatic in particular related to my hobbies. So, I guess some where there the idea just happened.

How was it created? I used primarily two programs for creating this. For Revolution photos I used Adobe Photoshop CS5. For the layout background colors and print I used Adobe Illustrator CS5.

All the photos were made personally by me with my cameras. Some of the Revolutions photographed are my personal Revolutions. The majority of the Revolutions photographed were borrowed from Revolution Kites.

The Revolutions were cut out from their original photos using Photoshop. They were then imported into Illustrator. With Illustrator I created The shape of the Revolution 1.5 in full size. I created the background color with in Illustrator using a gradient. The colors as mentioned were taken from a real sunset. The fonts used for the text are from the Lucinda family of fonts. The idea was original historical thus I started with a NeosOmega from 1988 and ended with the ZEN from 2010. The ZEN photographed is mine. Ben has a twin of it. I would have liked have thrown in a few more REVs, however the design was starting to get a bit too busy so I kept it down to the more distinct ones.

When the design was complete, the file size was close to 100MByte because it had the PDF version embedded. I delivered the production Illustrator file electronically to the Gonzales brothers in Gandia(Valencia) Spain. The brothers printed the design on to Real Icarex Polyester. The printer they use for this is a special printer using Special ink. When I talked to the brothers back in April 2006, while we were awaiting flights at Paris CDG, they told me about this printer they were buying that would cost them over 70,000 Euros. That was about $100,000 at the time. Shortly after they had the printer. The ink was extra and very expensive. I understand that it takes about 7 hours from start to finish for the printing of a sail. That includes drying time between colors. The sewing of the sails was preformed in San Diego. All the rods are made by Revolution at their factory in Poway. The bags were made by the Gonzalez brothers in Spain.

Now you all know the secrets of how it was made. There were a few hundred hours put into creation of the design.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A NEW Historical Revolution Masterpiece is in the works.

The first sail is now ready for the final sewing.

Stay tuned for the latest information.

John,

I'm impressed with the outcome,

I set my kite up, I grabbed the magnafying glass to take a look, the kites are so close to real I can see the material, I also looked twice on the vented kites to see if they was really vented!!! very nice history!!! nicely designed,, thank you,, I'm a proud owner.

mike

Edited by Kitelife

• 2 years later...
This would be very different from the full vent you're looking at, as it is only available in full sail model!! If you want vents, stick with the Pro!
Thank-you for the advice.. I just getting in to Rev kites.. they add extra 4D to kite flying.

I been flying Delta's for a long time.

And I want a extreme kite to push to the limits.

This kite has been available for several years now, but only in the full sail! Only way to get all the graphics on with room between them! Do you own any Revs now? Most will have both a full sail and a full vent, as this covers the most conditions you are likely to encounter!

I see you're from Oz., close to SparkieRob?