Awesome time at WSIKF

kiter

What great time we had at WSIKF this year. Having our own field to fly in was great and the location was great for access and bathrooms. I know there was a lot of talk about how far it was from the main area. But we think the location was great we could have our own music and the field allowed for those not doing demo's a chance to fly. It would be great to understand how many people would like to keep the location the same next year. Personally I think field C was a pain on Sunday parking and bathrooms are a long way off. We would like to thank Jb for the great time had by all

We too had a great time at WSIKF. The people were fantastic and it was great to hang out with so many like minded flyers. The field location was a a must I feel, for the record attempt that was planned. That number of flyers just would not have fitted elsewhere. In a normal year when there are less rev flyers, I would say that the Field C location was probably better, as it allowed space to fly, while also allowing us to be part of the main (visible) festival, to see others doing demos and to do them ourselves when needed. There are pros and cons to both and I guess it realy just depends on what aspects of the event you prefer.

BTW- we eneded up leaving the beach and missing saying goodbye to Kelly and Katrina. If you 2 are on here, please do send me a PM. Would love to contact you.

Thanks,

Mark & family

Too Much Fun

So much fun was had! I'm pretty sure we'll sit down with the WSIKF organizers and do some things a bit differently next year but, on the whole? A spectacular success! One of the highlights for me? The return of The Decorators to the Long Beach shores, after having missed them in 1997.. A long time coming and I loved it. I'm not sure how long this video will last, but, here's a look at The Decorators with Scott Wieder standing in. If I remember right, Mr. Ellison was off searching for his iQuad absconded pants... :D

I also have a bunch of different views of the 64 record flight on Friday that I will try to edit into something resembling a coherent whole. Most of the time I was simply mind boggled walking under, around and all over the pack while it flew!

We must point out at this point that when Scott stepped in to cover for David - on the sidelines with a leg injury - we only had time to give him 3 run throughs before flying the demo.

As he had never seen it before that is quite an acheivement and we can only give him our thanks again !!

Martin

Edited by Martin Linford

WOW, that was an awsome demo. I didn't see any evidence of a stand in. Great job Mr. Wieder.

LOL, the bug has gotten me again. Bummed my knee this weekend. So back to watching every video I can find. kid_devlish.gif

I simply love the Decorators flying style. Smooth and graceful. Thank you for the vid Monkey.

Dean

WOW, that was an awsome demo. I didn't see any evidence of a stand in. Great job Mr. Wieder.

LOL, the bug has gotten me again. Bummed my knee this weekend. So back to watching every video I can find. kid_devlish.gif

I simply love the Decorators flying style. Smooth and graceful. Thank you for the vid Monkey.

Dean

I've long loved The Decorators and their style and it was a huge pleasure seeing them fly on numerous occasions this past week. And I'd have to agree, Scott stood in like a pro!

Hello All-

What a fantastic time. It was an absolutely a thrill to meet and fly with The Decorators and The Flying Squad. You guys are great!!! Weider.... what can I say, you did OK 11.gif ... kidding for sure! You did a great job with The Decorators, well done- all of you.

Cass and Carol,

Great to see you both, again. I agree with what you said.... the bathroom situation was an issue when we moved up the beach. It's a long hike to one from there. I'm sure (and hopeful) that the organizers will work it out.

Hi Ben-

Thanks for making our last night there- just perfect!! What a beautiful place, so peaceful and the weather was a top ten day for sure. It was cool to hang and get to know Lam, too.

Thank you to everyone for making it a truly memorable week.

Coming home from Long Beach I felt compelled to register with the forum, if for no other reason to offer my profound congratulations and thanks for great flying and a great show. It was indeed awesome! A special thanks is due Joe Hadzecki for his time, patience, and talent in explaining quad flying techniques to spectators, newcomers, and wannabes like me.

I'll be back at Long Beach for Labor Day and at Gleneden in late Sept., flying my duals, but thinking about bow-ties instead of deltas. I'm already looking forward to WSIKF in 2011. I just may be back here, too.

BTW - I see David has put up a video of the Decs and there is one that JB put up of the "Super Sixteen" fly. Does anyone have any videos of the full megafly attemps and also of the other team demos that took place. We rarely fly with the Flying Squad and I wouyld love to see a video of the ballet we did with them?

Thanks,

Mark

Too Much Fun

As the jet lag starts to clear it's about time I made my thanks to one and all for a superb week of rev flying. Being on our own field had it's + & -'s, but it must go down as one of the best rev gatherings ever.

Thanks to JB & co for making it happen. No doubt a whole heap of organising went on behind the scenes and it sure paid off. The pa really made it into our own festival.

Some particular thanks to all the folks who helped me out with their kind words and deeds when I pulled a calf muscle on Tuesday while giving Ben a hand with the Rev lessons. I was too keen to get to the kite to sort out a tip wrap and over extended my leg in that soft sand. But some tlc from my new best friends including the infamous rum buddies got me off the field and flying again soon enough.

I managed to fly the mega-grid the next day while sitting down and soon started a trend with the formation of Team Ground Crew ( for seated fliers only ;))

gallery_209_108_77677.jpg

Scott Weider (who admits responsibility for digging the hole in the sand ;)), stood in as honorary Decorator like a champion. Thank you sir - you're a true gent.

The grid world record attempts were a triumph and a credit to all those who stepped up and just gave it a go. But the best part was simply sharing the odd tip and joining in a line of fliers. Hopefully we helped to spread the word that flying slooooow is good too :)

Great to meet so many US rev fliers. You were all so very welcoming and fun to share the sky with.

cheers! :)

PS - any stories about, or photographs of, my boxers flying from an iQuad pole are just malicious rumours put about by Willow and are totally untrue :innocent::blink: but thanks to Lolly for buying them back at the auction anyway :ani_notworthy:

Edited by david ellison