120' linesets

Isaac Trejo

Anyone know who sells 120' premade linsets?

...or do I have to roll my own.

I bought mine back in Decemeber from GWTW. I purchased two dual line 90lb Shanti sets. You will have to equalize the two line sets when you buy two dual line sets.

I am a Shanti fan as they use to sponsor me when I was competing.

YES,

I'm not sponsored and have tried 'em all, thousands of feet of each brand, on rolls, (Berry Blue, Shanti, LaserPro Comp and Gold). I change the lengths for different conditions, but use the same line strength all the time, indoors or outside. I like the LaserPro Gold 90 lb. the best for quads, . . ... it's like flying on wires, it's so stiff it's almost impossible to tangle-up.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

Today, I tried flying together with 2 of my friends using 85' lines, it is not easy, either leader flew too fast, we could not catch up and at times, those 2 behind flew faster. Guess the window not big enough.

I guess most mega fliers at Wildwoods or anywhere prefered using 120' line sets for better control, right ??

Just want to check whether it is better to use 120' rather than 85' lines, please advise, thanks in advance.

Cheers,

chris

Hi,

Today, I tried flying together with 2 of my friends using 85' lines, it is not easy, either leader flew too fast, we could not catch up and at times, those 2 behind flew faster. Guess the window not big enough.

I guess most mega fliers at Wildwoods or anywhere prefered using 120' line sets for better control, right ??

Just want to check whether it is better to use 120' rather than 85' lines, please advise, thanks in advance.

Cheers,

chris

My advice!

For three or more, you are best off with 120ft(37meter) lines. As a pair, 100ft(30meter) is easier then 85ft(26meter).

Save the 85ft(26meter) and shorter for individual flying.

Lynn and I fly on 100' Laser Pro Gold nearly all of the time. If space is an issue, like at Kite Party, we use 75' or 80'. When we fly with more people we use 100' up to three or four, 120' for larger groups.

We have flown with five of us on 100s, but that was because the other three (Too Much Fun) were already set up on 100s and so were we, It worked out just fine. We have also flown with them on 120', that's fine too.

Thanks John & Jim,

Guess I have to get a 120' lines for better flying, no wonder its is much harder to fly in 85' or shorter.

Looks so easy seeing all the Mega fliers flying at their pace.

Again, thanks.

Cheers

chris

Your welcome!

Say hello to Fuzah, Nash, Chang and the rest of the kite fliers there.

Your welcome!

Say hello to Fuzah, Nash, Chang and the rest of the kite fliers there.

Yes, no problem, in fact I met Chang over the weekend with Helmut from Austria. He was trying out his new single line kite, a Piranhna, a beauty in the air. They are from the MAS team of Malaysia.

You can view him via my web site, www.ramakristan.multiply.com under Desa Park City, his pictures right at the bottom.

Cheers,

chris