UK Rev Flying Weekend North East England

Vince

Hmmm... I think I will bring my cold and wet weather gear, just in case!

How many fliers are expected now?

Felix

We have been flying at the site every weekend with every type of weather. Boots/ wellingtons may be advisable depending on which part of the park we choose.

We have 25 fliers(16 are definates and I'm chasing up to get a final list as 9 are still to chase up.) but some club fliers have not come forward yet and we will not know until the weekend at our AGM.

We have been flying at the site every weekend with every type of weather. Boots/ wellingtons may be advisable depending on which part of the park we choose.

We have 25 fliers(16 are 'definite' and I'm chasing up to get a final list as 9 are still to chase up.) but some club fliers have not come forward yet and we will not know until the weekend at our AGM.

Vince,

16 fliers is a very good starting point. If you get the 25 that would be fantastic.

Is it that wet on site? <grins>

Felix

We looked over the ground on Sunday with the park staff and they deemed it fit for use. The site is in good condition. Its well drained, but it is grass and this time of year with feet people walking in a quite small area it may be advisable and it keeps the cars clean.

On Sunday there was a covering of snow (very picturesque) but where we were flying the grass was uncovered by our walking. We had a small amount of mud. the spot we are going to fly is better drained so shouldn't present problems(it has sand channels in the grass).smile.gif

Edited by Vince

Great news we are potentially up to 30 fliers. As a minimum we have 18, but some more will slot in for part of the weekend. I have added the names to the front of this thread.clap_1.gif

Excellent news indeed. Now we just need to get there... <grins>

Felix

PS Is it a no SMOKING event?

Excellent and welcome Hezz. We've ordered the sunshine and a 6 - 8 mph breeze.

Just looked at MetCheck and the current forecast is for respectable East/South Easterly breezes which are I guess are coming in off the North Sea.

Sounds promising but 1 degree Centigrade sounds just a bit cool! <grins>

Felix

Just looked at MetCheck and the current forecast is for respectable East/South Easterly breezes which are I guess are coming in off the North Sea.

Sounds promising but 1 degree Centigrade sounds just a bit cool! <grins>

Felix

That would be a nice wind for the site, and I agree its a very cool eventlaugh.gif

I am still slightly unsure as to the location of the Monument relative to the flying field.

Is it to the South West?

Thanks

Felix

I believe the Monument lies to the North East of the site Felix. However as you can see the Shadows on the picture suggest it is east of the flying site. I'm sure Pete can give a definative answer. The picture below was taken by him. Thank you for the picture Pete.

RevPenshaw005.JPG

I believe the Monument lies to the North East of the site Felix. However as you can see the Shadows on the picture suggest it is east of the flying site. I'm sure Pete can give a definative answer. The picture below was taken by him. Thank you for the picture Pete.

When i doubt,throw petes name in the Hat....laugh.gif .I like it Vince.

RevPenshaw005.JPG

I always thought the monument was North, or North Northeast, but the shadows on the picture threw me.

Bri you found me our mate, my logic was to ask the academic in our band of rev fliers. matrix.gif Petematrix.gif is that man. Besides its his picture that got me confusedlaugh.gif . It doesn't take muchblink.gif.

The main thing is winds are usually clean and are good in all directions.

Edited by Vince

I always thought the monument was North, or North Northeast, but the shadows on the picture threw me.

Bri you found me our mate, my logic was to ask the academic in our band of rev fliers. matrix.gif Petematrix.gif is that man. Besides its his picture that got me confusedlaugh.gif . It doesn't take muchblink.gif.

The main thing is winds are usually clean and are good in all directions.

Thanks Vince <grin>

I think (theory to be tested on Sunday, a definitive answer will then be posted) that the picture was taken looking north with Penshaw Monument north- east of the flying field. So from Penshaw it is south-west to the flying field.

Not sure about the academic in the group, I even tried to work out direction via google maps. My brain now hurts and I am going for a lie down in a dark room.

Vince is right though about the winds being clean and good in any direction. As a group we have been there most weekends for the last 4 months and had turbulence free flying every time. It is becoming our second home and favourite flying site.

I am still slightly unsure as to the location of the Monument relative to the flying field.

Is it to the South West?

Thanks

Felix

The short answer is we aren't exactly sure Felix, but we will find out.

If the monument is in the way its Auf wiedersehen pet. You saw what the local lads did with the transporter bridge down the road<grins>.