FOUND: Rev EXP vertical/leading edge end rod

kairusan

Exactly what the topic says. Found it in the grass during my awesome lunch-hour fly today (29 July 2009). I figured I'd hold onto it since I recognized what it was, unlike the lawnmower or random kid that would be likely to find it next (and promptly munch the thing or use it for ninja fighting or whatever).

If anyone lost this, or knows the person who did, please get in touch with me and I will happily return it. I go down to Shoreline to fly relatively often and I work nearby in Menlo Park, so it should be little trouble to meet up and pass the thing back to its rightful owner. :)

Exactly what the topic says. Found it in the grass during my awesome lunch-hour fly today (29 July 2009). I figured I'd hold onto it since I recognized what it was, unlike the lawnmower or random kid that would be likely to find it next (and promptly munch the thing or use it for ninja fighting or whatever).

If anyone lost this, or knows the person who did, please get in touch with me and I will happily return it. I go down to Shoreline to fly relatively often and I work nearby in Menlo Park, so it should be little trouble to meet up and pass the thing back to its rightful owner. :)

WOW, thank you very much. I looked for that rod forever on Tuesday night. I work in Menlo Park on the corner of Ravenswood and El Camino, I will also be flying sometime this weekend at shoreline, I would be happy to meet up with you whenever you will be there.

This was a spare that I kept in my REV kitebag and it fell out while I was packing up my kite. I need to find a better way to store my spares.

Thanks again.

I keep mine inside a case I made out of 4" ABS pipe and assorted fittings from Home Depot. Not only does it keep the rods from falling all over the place (assuming I remember to secure the lid), but it also protects them from getting smooshed when I step on my kite case or close the car door on it.

Please excuse the accidental double PMs, and please ignore the parts about where you lost the thing—reading the above post, the one I found has got to be yours.

Were you flying the red and black EXP Tuesday evening? Or was that someone else?

I keep mine inside a case I made out of 4" ABS pipe and assorted fittings from Home Depot. Not only does it keep the rods from falling all over the place (assuming I remember to secure the lid), but it also protects them from getting smooshed when I step on my kite case or close the car door on it.

Were you flying the red and black EXP Tuesday evening? Or was that someone else?

Thanks for the idea, I just asked my brother to find me some 4" plastic pipe. He works in construction so he should have some laying around. I have a B-Series kite also and I would hate to lose one of the rods that kite comes with.

Yes that was me flying the red and black EXP with my son and wife earlier in the evening.

You're quite welcome, sir. I wish I could have stuck around; you seemed like an awesome guy. But I shall certainly see you some random day at Shoreline in the future. It's such an excellent field....

Just curious: what kind of B-Series do you have? Vented, Mid, or Std.?

You're quite welcome, sir. I wish I could have stuck around; you seemed like an awesome guy. But I shall certainly see you some random day at Shoreline in the future. It's such an excellent field....

Just curious: what kind of B-Series do you have? Vented, Mid, or Std.?

I have a vented B-Series, and a "standard" B-Series on order. None of you would believe this but I have been thinking a Mid vented B-series would be nice, and I haven't even recieved my standard B-series yet. All kidding a side this is an expensive hobby but not nearly as expensive as many hobbies.

What a great way to meet, You guys are the making of a new team, good looking out for sage, dude! TEAMWORK ;)

Team flying would be great, I probably have 20 hours behind the sticks and obviously plan on flying more in the near future. Hopefully I will have time to fly tomorrow morning around 11:00 am.

I have a B-Series kite also and I would hate to lose one of the rods that kite comes with.

Sage,

Like you I was/am paranoid about loosing rods. My solution is to sew up a small bag for the spare rods. Styled like the Rev kite bag with the "flip over" top and no screening. It's the correct diameter to hold five rods with some room for them to easily slide in or out.

Now the OCD part ... I made two bags per B-series. With a non-vented kite, one rod bag is labeled with a "2" and one is labeled with a "3". My wife bought a new sewing machine that will embroider numbers ... so that is what I used ... a felt tip pen will work. When the 2-wrap rods are installed in the kite, I take the bag with the "2" on it, fold it and stick it in the bottom screening on the kite bag ... with the number "2" showing through the screening. The "3" bag with the 3-wrap rods is slid into the kite bag. Next time I pick up that kite bag, I can see quickly that the 2-wrap rods are installed. Plus, I know that the 3-wrap rods are double bagged and safe.

Now where are my meds?

Cheers,

Tom