NEWPORT KITE FESTIVAL 2009

Scott Weider

Newport Kite Festival 2009

It's official.

It will be a show for the public at the historic, "Brenton Point State Park" Newport, Rhode Island, on July 11th and 12th, 2009.

For those that don't know, space will be at a premium and the main "ONLY" Sound field will feature all phases of kiting. with a tight schedule. sorry to say Mega Rev's all day will not be possible, (just not enough room to pack the THOUSANDS of spectators and hundreds of kites and flyers) we will schedule some weekends for just that REV FLYING) but the festival weekend will be for the public and all phases of kite flying. with FEATURED FLYERS, If you want to demo contact me we'll try to schedule it?

This is the first year with the new organizers, Kitt Kites, (Ron KITT) and myself, Scott Weider

"High Flyers TOO"

There will be NO COMPETITION. I would like to do a Mystery quad ballet but, it is not definite.

We have a website, http://www.newportkitefestival.net,

we will be updating periodically as the information flows.

Please feel free to contact me personally or through the website.

Any and all ideas or opinions are welcome.

See you there, on the grass field over looking the Atlantic ocean, on the south shore of Rhode Island.

Edited by Scott A.

How far is that from Elmer, NJ???

It's 3.5 hrs from me so add anothe 2 from Elmer.

If you can make that trip it is SO worth it. Newport is beautiful in and of itself but there aren't many better more consistent places to fly day in and day out!

Check out this link:

You can see how consistant the wind is! Also Kurtis Jones has a clip on his site,www.alivearchives.com, promoting the video he made of the festival. By the way it is an awesme video!

A little history, Newport has had a kite festival at Brenton point dating back to the 60's. In 1986 the AKA Convention was held at the park. It is a kiting mecca on the East Coast. Grass fields, clean wind and beautiful views. What more can you ask for!

If you can make it, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks Scottie and Ron for bringing it back!

Sue

High Flyers

(Disclaimer: It's our home field and we've been flying there for 27 years so we may be just a little bias!)

we won't miss it for anything.

count us in.

Litsong Lu and Wen Jeng from Taiwan.

yes, we come all the way back to RI for this.

this is where we fall in love with the kite family.

sentimental to say the least, one of the best flying fields too.

Litsong

we won't miss it for anything.

count us in.

Litsong Lu and Wen Jeng from Taiwan.

yes, we come all the way back to RI for this.

this is where we fall in love with the kite family.

sentimental to say the least, one of the best flying fields too.

Litsong

Aww..ok thats .. sweet and I just got goosebumps..

• 2 weeks later...

Scott has been working really hard on putting this festival together. I hope that if your in the New England area you'll take the weekend to go up and spend some time flying at this beautiful park.

Wish we could be there!!

Sherri

Edited by stevepigeon

• 2 weeks later...

Ok time for the shout out,

Who's coming,

I know of at least 14 Rev flyers who will be in Newport, July 11th and 12th, So For those of you who are on the fence, and would like to know, we will have a grid demo, Steve Santos will call it, he was in on the 20th in the UK last year in Bristol and Portsmouth, his has experience leading team flies for years. I know it will go well, we will want to prequalify the flyers and have a meeting to inform what moves we will be doing before we take the field. I'm trying to get a space for an indoor, at this point I have yet to confirm, I'm still working on it.

Ben will be there giving lessons and I will have a REV retail booth with plenty of Rev's with great Festival prices, tell your friends.

I also hear there will be a couple of Rev team demo's along with the mega grid.

11 day's and counting.

Ok time for the shout out,

Who's coming,

I know of at least 14 Rev flyers who will be in Newport, July 11th and 12th, So For those of you who are on the fence, and would like to know, we will have a grid demo, Steve Santos will call it, he was in on the 20th in the UK last year in Bristol and Portsmouth, his has experience leading team flies for years. I know it will go well, we will want to prequalify the flyers and have a meeting to inform what moves we will be doing before we take the field. I'm trying to get a space for an indoor, at this point I have yet to confirm, I'm still working on it.

Ben will be there giving lessons and I will have a REV retail booth with plenty of Rev's with great Festival prices, tell your friends.

I also hear there will be a couple of Rev team demo's along with the mega grid.

11 day's and counting.

Dave, Sue and I will be there both days! Ready to do a demo with REVS flying as "High Flyers Flight Team".

Steve

Where are people staying?

All different hotels, As organizers we were late getting a host hotel, so there are a few different places.

Any of the Hotels in Middletown or Newport are close and If you need a ride I can arrange airport and back and forth to the hotel. FOR YOU, MIKE from IKE, 180 Go cappy.

What do you say, bud.

Love to have ya.

Newport NEWS,

We will have some indoor space on Friday night July, 10th from 6 pm until 9 pm, right in Newport at "THE HUT" parking will be limited being a Summer/Friday night right near downtown, so plan accordingly and be patient if parking is slim, the parking lot can be entered by either. Bowery ST or Golden Hill ST

this is the address for maps on Google or whatever. ""35 Golden Hill St. Newport, RI 02840"""-

see you on the inside, we have a couple of really special indoor kites to be raffled come check it out.