Best movie quotes

Morrunya

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... it's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses .......Hit it ....

... this car has a lot of pickup ... ... its got a cop moter of 440 cubic inch plan, its got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks ... the model made before catalytic converters so it will run good on regular gas ... what do you say, is it the new Blues Mobile or what?

... fix the cigarette lighter ...

Broke a few cars in it too if I remember right. Think it had / has the record for cars wrecked in one movie?

And then there was

Do you not get it, lads? The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud.

• 2 years later...

:lol: awesome quotes!

I'm new to the forum, and so glad I read thru this topic before posting - geez, all my Princess Bride, Monty Python, and Blues Brothers quotes are accounted for! But I haven't seen anyone touch on this classic yet -

"Who is it? Oh, I'm sorry, I can't come to the door right now. I'm afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject myself to further school absences. You can reach my parents at their places of business... Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day."

:)

Dupea: I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes, tomatoes instead, a cup of coffee, and wheat toast.

Waitress: (She points to the menu) No substitutions.

Dupea: What do you mean? You don't have any tomatoes?

Waitress: Only what's on the menu. You can have a number two - a plain omelette. It comes with cottage fries and rolls.

Dupea: Yeah, I know what it comes with. But it's not what I want.

Waitress: Well, I'll come back when you make up your mind.

Dupea: Wait a minute. I have made up my mind. I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes on the plate, a cup of coffee, and a side order of wheat toast.

Waitress: I'm sorry, we don't have any side orders of toast...an English muffin or a coffee roll.

Dupea: What do you mean you don't make side orders of toast? You make sandwiches, don't you?

Waitress: Would you like to talk to the manager?

Dupea: ...You've got bread and a toaster of some kind?

Waitress: I don't make the rules.

Dupea: OK, I'll make it as easy for you as I can. I'd like an omelette, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

Waitress: A number two, chicken sal san, hold the butter, the lettuce and the mayonnaise. And a cup of coffee. Anything else?

Dupea: Yeah. Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

Rx

You left out the last lines of the scene:

Waitress: Where should I hold the chicken?

Dupea: Between your knees!

(At which point they get kicked out of the diner.)

This scene was the origin of our Monday Night At The Movies. We were trying to explain that scene to a young friend, an realized just how few classic movies she had ever seen. We have a nice theater at home, so we began holding an open house every Monday evening, where we would show classic movies and serve fresh popcorn and some kind of bubbly wine. Eventually modern movies got into the mix, but we've been doing this for years now, and so far have missed only one night in all that time. (We had a REALLY unbreakable commitment.)

BTW, we watched Five Easy Pieces later on, and it is really dated and has mostly unlikable characters. That scene was really the only part we liked.

Broke a few cars in it too if I remember right. Think it had / has the record for cars wrecked in one movie?

No, I think the record for most wrecked cars (and trains, planes, and maybe even the GoodYear blimp) is "The Junkman" written/starring/stunted/directed by H. B. Halicki. There is one scene where he drives his hot car all over a new car lot (with real new cars! which was not discussed with the car lot owner ahead of time) DRIVING ON TOP OF THE CARS.

He also wrote/s/s/d the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" which is pretty dated and almost unwatchable. The Junkman is pretty good, though. No great quotes, as I recall.

:lol: awesome quotes!

I'm new to the forum, and so glad I read thru this topic before posting - geez, all my Princess Bride, Monty Python, and Blues Brothers quotes are accounted for! But I haven't seen anyone touch on this classic yet -

"Who is it? Oh, I'm sorry, I can't come to the door right now. I'm afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject myself to further school absences. You can reach my parents at their places of business... Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day."

:)

Ferris Bueller's Day Off.....of course!

At the end of the movie "Cars", Mater, the old beat-up tow truck, gets his ride in a helicopter says that he is "Happier than a tornado in a trailer park."

Love the movie, love that line.

I feel a connection to that movie and the character "Doc Hudson" as my father was a Hudson dealer in the 50s, and my first car, in 1956, was a '53 "Fabulous Hudson Hornet". But, that's another whole story.

post-274-130560599987_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

My favorite movie quote is: "Frankly my dear, I could give a damn"

The actor was Clark Gable as Rhett Butler and he said it to Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara.

Now without using Google or a similar search engine; What is the movie?

Correct to "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"

Edited by johnnmitchell