Central Meadow at Chambers Creek

LS Kite Stakes

This is the best field to fly near my home. This is a brand spankin new park with several acres of grass to fly on. Located in a old gravel pit right next to Puget Sound. Don't let the gravel pit designation fool you, this place is HUGE! I did a quick measure/guesstimate with Google Earth and the grass field is nearly 1/4 MILE across! Bazzer or myself will be posting pictures soon! The satellite photo in Google Earth does not show the grass field, it is too new.

Address is:

6320 Grandview Dr., University Place, WA, 98467

Lat/Long coordinates are:

47deg 12' 06.41" N

122deg 34' 31.88" W

Wow.. is all I can say.

I have spent all of this year going from one flying site to the next.

Who would of guessed that of all of those I would be posting one 6 mins for my door step.

So Local land owners took a disused quarry and built a golf course.

Chambers Bay.

At the start of the year the lower section has been mud and a place to put land movers.

They have done some work. Even left some off the old building structures to play on.

The grass is cut by the golf course.

Bathrooms at the end of the field. (heated)

Enough parking for about 90 cars.

Here are some photos of today. Prevailing wind...yep... you guessed it!.... straight off the water.

It's not so bad,

Bazzerpost-170-1227405821_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227406402_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227406413_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227406432_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227406464_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227406481_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227406500_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227406517_thumb.jpg

Wow.. is all I can say.

I have spent all of this year going from one flying site to the next.

Who would of guessed that of all of those I would be posting one 6 mins for my door step.

So Local land owners took a disused quarry and built a golf course.

Chambers Bay.

At the start of the year the lower section has been mud and a place to put land movers.

They have done some work. Even left some off the old building structures to play on.

The grass is cut by the golf course.

Bathrooms at the end of the field. (heated)

Enough parking for about 90 cars.

Here are some photos of today. Prevailing wind...yep... you guessed it!.... straight off the water.

It's not so bad,

Bazzer

Wow, sounds great, so Tacoma area????

With wind like you described, it's worth the drive from Bellevue.

Jim

<snip>nice photo of the Night Revolution flying in the sun.<snip>

That is the first flight for that particular kite, I finally had some wind! Over a week of dead calm, or it was breezy while I was at work. That has to be the new kite curse, in action!!

{{{{NEWS FLASH}}}}}

Bazzer and I will be at Chamber Creek tomorrow, (Sunday, November 23rd) having a bit of a fly. Late notice, but if you can make it, come join us!

Hey bazzer...

Good for you... It's always a bonus to be able to be at your flying spot in minutes; and to have such a perfect one.... how cool is that!

The second row, second photo looks like a water color painting; very nice.

Have fun flying.

BTW... looks like a great spot for some KAP :kid_devlish: .

I did another distance check. In the first photo there is a building in the foreground, the bathrooms, and the concrete columns structure in the background. The distance between these two structures (straight line) is 1100 feet, or .21 miles, or for those up north or across the pond, 335 meters. It is nothing but pristine grass between these two structures! I estimate the height of the concrete column structure at around 75 feet+, and 100 feet wide. (22X31 meters)

It sure does have festival site written all over it.

The main problem living here is the 2.5+ hour drive to the ocean for the really clean stuff.

I know that looks like the ocean in the back ground but it is a chain of islands that run all the way up into Canada known as Pudget Sound.

Will try and get some shots flying in the big toy..or Chambers Henge!

Fog this morning so will wait for it to burn off.

Should come up to 10mph.

Kim and I will be heading down there around mid day 1ish

Will check out the club house for meals with Kim tonight.

Bazzer

Another perfect day at Chambers Bay Meadows. Or as it is becoming know ...Chambers Henge.

Great fly to day with Walt, Sarah and myself and Kim.

Sarah broke out her or is it Glens B Series pro.

God that thing flies nice.

Anyway a big thank you to Glen and Sarah for My new ground stake, Miss Melonie. ( eat your heart out Dugard)

Shown here against the back drop of Chambers Henge.

Wind in completely the other direction today. No problems still as smooth as a babies bum.

Bazzer

post-170-1227494459_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227494468_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227494474_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227494486_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227494493_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227494499_thumb.jpg

post-170-1227494692_thumb.jpg

Was a great day for sure. the wind was out of the north this time, and varied from 2 mph to 15 mph at the most all day. I actually tried to do bicycle turns today, still waiting for the click/ah ha! moment there. It was nice to finally getting to meet Bazzers better half. My arms are sore from all the flying I did today, Where are those Canadian Honkers I have stashed........somewhere.....

Today was amazing, unlike the usual inland wind and weather for the Seattle area - so un-monsoon like. Bazzer, thanks for initiating the Rev gathering today. I'm glad that you are enjoying your new kite stake :0). Walt, Mona, and Kim, it was a pleasure to meet you all and I hope to see you again soon. Walt, next time we fly, I'll show you some stretches which will prevent kite flying aches and pains. This too is a sport and its important to know how to take care of yourself; plus, thinking about body awareness and body mechanics too.

Best regards,

Sarah

Hey Bazzer,

Lori & I will be driving through from Portland on Friday morning and will be arriving at Chambers Henge mid morning for some flying time, I hope to see some of you there

The winds are forcasting for about 6mph most of the day woohoo

Mike & Lori

Hey Bazzer,

Lori & I will be driving through from Portland on Friday morning and will be arriving at Chambers Henge mid morning for some flying time, I hope to see some of you there

The winds are forcasting for about 6mph most of the day woohoo

Mike & Lori

Yep , will be there.

Bazzer

Today Glenn and I spent our Thanksgiving at Chambers (Kite Henge as we now call it :) ). We even broke out our vented B's as the winds were constant and at about 15 - 20 mph. We stayed long enough to also have a bit of night flying time as there are no daylight hour restrictions and little light polution (bring a flashlight). We hope that everyone had as great of a Thanksgiving Day as we did.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Today Glenn and I spent our Thanksgiving at Chambers (Kite Henge as we now call it :) ). We even broke out our vented B's as the winds were constant and at about 15 - 20 mph. We stayed long enough to also have a bit of night flying time as there are no daylight hour restrictions and little light polution (bring a flashlight). We hope that everyone had as great of a Thanksgiving Day as we did.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Must of just missed you guys. We left around 1 o'clock just as the wind was dialing in. Light winds first thing. It seems like the best winds at the "Henge" are from 12 onwards.

Had to cook and all that.

kitehenge...thanks walt & bazz...had a chance to fly the bazz b...what a wonderful kite, thanks bazzer, nice to get some of the black out of the b's...mostly a vented day, except in the lulls...packed a snack, & obsessed on flying...broke out the kitelights that we have posted on, so much fun, had some bystanders that asked sarah about the kites, what they really were asking about were the lights...so much room, could really have a big gathering of revvers here...kitehenge...g