The humble ground stake

He He I think more RED :P

Well as we go overseas alot I thought it might help my luggage allowance, that pool ball stake I use is quite heavy :D and @£5 for 6 well !! when I looked at the US ones they were going to £ 16 ish for 4 so what the hell :P :P

I drilled two holes in one snooker ball and put two,10inch stainless in the holes.They formed a Vee,getting wider apart as they reached the sharp end.They work great in dry sand.Much better than single spike that can come free quite easy in sand.

BRIAN,,,Patent pending

nice shiny ball played in a game that goes on and on and on, on a table.

see here

The best bit about snooker is when one tries to play it like one would pool - e.g. whack the white ball as hard as you can into anything else (e.g. other players, the wall etc.) - this makes the 'pros' really grumpy, which is a whole extra sport in itself!

The best bit about snooker is when one tries to play it like one would pool - e.g. whack the white ball as hard as you can into anything else (e.g. other players, the wall etc.) - this makes the 'pros' really grumpy, which is a whole extra sport in itself!

Sounds like fun! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to lose stakes regularly, so I don't have any really special custom ones.

Most are golf ball stakes, but I've got 3 that are a little bit different.

L-R a stake I won from Dan Whitney made out of a deer horn, a :) stake for sand and a dice stake.

I probably use the dice stake the most.

post-1987-1216179942_thumb.jpg

/bumped for Alden. ;)

• 1 month later...
Theresa ...

IQuad were using the same as the ones in Gary's post above during their trip to the UK, which I have to say I bought a pack of and can highly recommend...

I'm going to fit some iQuad golf balls onto those very soon at which point, yes, we'll have some for sale. :-)