iPhone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been stood in a queue outside an apple store since 6am with lots of other sad people waiting to upgrade to new iPhones, think I've got this wrong somewhere... Suns up and there's 12 knots of breeze... Should have gone to the beach!!

30+ people in line at AT&T with 1-1/2 hours to go... I'm number 7, I think I'll be alright.

There's a black 16GB with my name on it. <grin>

Can't wait!

As a regular Internet user, once you go iPhone, there's no going back. ;)

30+ people in line at AT&T with 1-1/2 hours to go... I'm number 7, I think I'll be alright.

There's a black 16GB with my name on it. <grin>

Can't wait!

As a regular Internet user, once you go iPhone, there's no going back. ;)

the prob here is reg your new phone has to be done in store and the O2 site is slow

so it's taking a long long time (I got to the Apple shop at about 11 30 there was a guy about 10 or 12 infront of me that had been there since 8 this morning and he was only about half way thro !!)

60-70 people waiting now...

Forty 16GB available total at this store, gonna make it!

They're checking everyone out now, qualified for the $299 upgrade too. <grin>

Might get myself a $200 dinner tonight. ;)

38 minutes to go!!!!

Ha ha, in and out... Got it!

iTunes is so bogged down right now, worldwide, they couldn't activate it in the store... Will have to wait until I get home and sync up before I can test the new speeds, etc.

So thrilled! ;)

GEEK!

Well, im one to talk I guess, I should have mine in mere minutes.

:D

So... The activation system seems screwed worldwide.... I got mine by midday by the time they decided to change the system and let you leave the store without activation.... new contracts fine but upgrades big issue...

Anyway I now have a new 3G paperweight until the system gets sorted tonight (ever the optimist!)....

So arguably a day wasted standing in line and hanging around.... but guess what I subjected the guy in line next to me to.... Rev Videos!! he was off to check out the Rev site tonight so maybe it wasn't all in vain .... or maybe he was just keen to get rid of me??

Mrs J is inheriting my old iPhone which is now upgraded to version 2 so she has all the new features/games etc etc up and running and I have nothing..AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Same upgrade system issues here, didn't know it'd be overnight to fix though. :(

Showed Rev videos to my fellow iPhone customers as well, left them intrigued. ;)

NOTE, the new iPhone screen is a tiny bit bigger... Have to wait for new screen protectors, will trim the one that it came with for now... Up side, the itself is only slightly larger, fits both the cases I already have.

Same upgrade system issues here, didn't know it'd be overnight to fix though. :(

Showed Rev videos to my fellow iPhone customers as well, left them intrigued. ;)

NOTE, the new iPhone screen is a tiny bit bigger... Have to wait for new screen protectors, will trim the one that it came with for now... Up side, the phone itself is only slightly larger, fits both the cases I already have.

So... The activation system seems screwed worldwide.... I got mine by midday by the time they decided to change the system and let you leave the store without activation.... new contracts fine but upgrades big issue...

Anyway I now have a new 3G paperweight until the system gets sorted tonight (ever the optimist!)....

So arguably a day wasted standing in line and hanging around.... but guess what I subjected the guy in line next to me to.... Rev Videos!! he was off to check out the Rev site tonight so maybe it wasn't all in vain .... or maybe he was just keen to get rid of me??

Mrs J is inheriting my old iPhone which is now upgraded to version 2 so she has all the new features/games etc etc up and running and I have nothing..AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Yep just got a call from Apple to say O2 have closed their portal so no phone for me till ......who knows :( :( :angry:

I just saw the Gadget Pron on the new iPhone (Attack of the Show on G4). It looks nice, and has a bunch of new apps. The headphone jack was changed so that you do not need an adapter to use your headphones and listen to music, but there are some down sides. For example, the new ones have a plastic backing instead of the original metal. The black ones are very susceptible to smudges, and the white to scratches. And I believe that it is unable to send pictures!

The hosts of Attack of the Show, say that it is a great buy if you do not already own the previous version, but they felt that they did not work out enough bugs to be worth upgrading from the previous version.

The hosts of Attack of the Show, say that it is a great buy if you do not already own the previous version, but they felt that they did not work out enough bugs to be worth upgrading from the previous version.

Some of the new apps and games etc a very cool, and super slick to play using the tilt the phone control etc.....

Evidently the plastic back means slightly better range on wifi etc... and its a free upgrade for us so no reason not too....